Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Recent degraded signal in my neighborhood--Please help
CMA33

Sometime around 4-6 weeks ago the reception in my neighborhood (the western side of Gold River, California) degraded after being excellent for the previous ~15 years I have been a Verizon customer. I did not immediately realize the problem since I don't make too many phone calls and mostly connect to my home wi-fi for Internet. But in speaking with some close neighbors we realized all of us had been having phone call and Internet access problems that started in the previous few weeks.

I downloaded the Android Network Cell Info app on my Pixel 4A, have gone around our neighborhood in a 1/2 mile radius or more, and the outside signal consistently is a very weak -100db to -115db (it is -116-120db in my house). Testing in other neighborhoods gives expected values in the -75-100db range. Two other neighbors have had similar results with other phones, so this is not a phone-specific issue.

I called Tech Support, spent a good deal of time with first level support, and the call was dropped when they were transferring me to second tier support. Other neighbors have called Tech Support and been mired in discussions about their phones, 4G vs. 5G, and boosters, which just seem like an unacceptable solution in an area that has had excellent reception for years. Although I don't know if that is the tower I connect to, there is a Verizon tower ~3,000 feet from my house.  

I don't want to spend too much more time on this, and am about ready to jump ship to another vendor, but thought I would give this board a try and hopefully my neighbors and I can get some real help. I have enjoyed Verizon's product up to now and been willing to pay the somewhat premium price for the excellent reception here and elsewhere, but I am unwilling to continue to be a customer if my home service does not improve soon.  Thanks for your assistance. 

Chris 

0 Likes
Re: Recent degraded signal in my neighborhood--Please help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello CMA33! 

We value your long time loyalty, and we don't want to see you walk away due to issues with your service. I know how jarring it can feel to suddenly have issues with service after many years, and I'd like to help. Please reply to our Private Note, and we would be happy to assist with troubleshooting the issues you have been experiencing with service. 

-Michelle

0 Likes
ThreeSequoias

I also live in Gold River and have a similar issue. I have an iPhone 12 and my husband has an iPhone 13. About 4-6 weeks ago we noticed a change in our Verizon signal strength connectivity. I have spoken with a number of my neighbors who have Verizon, and they are also experiencing a sudden degraded signal that started around the same time. My husband and I are experiencing a poor connection and dropped calls when using our cell phones inside our home. We have been living in our home for over three years and have not experienced dropped calls or a poor connection until recently. 

I have looked at the Verizon dashboard on my iPhone 12. As I write this sitting in my home office, the rsrp  signal strength on my phone reads -112. When I'm walking our community trails near my home, my rsrp signal has shown -125. I am quite concerned about these poor signal strength numbers both inside and outside my home. If I ever needed to call for emergency personnel to come to my or my family's aid, would I have enough signal strength to make the call?

What seems odd to me is while the signal is poor in my neighborhood, just about one-half mile away there is a strong signal in the neighborhood grocery store's parking lot.

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for decades. Of course I'd like to keep Verizon as my cell service (I have a total of four lines on my account including one cellular iPad and one cellular Apple Watch). However, if this poor connectivity continues, I will have no choice but to move to another carrier (probably T-Mobile). 

I hope someone at Verizon reads my post and can help.

Deborah

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You're decades with us mean the world and we want this resolved ASAP.  A private message is being sent to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
CMA33

It has been over two week since my last text message on network support ticket NRB000010994388. Please advise soon, or I will need to move on to a different provider. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes