Recent poor service
tracyw52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in zip code 85710.  The past couple of months I have had no service in the neighborhood around my house.  If I drive a mile down the road I have full bars.  When you get close to my house there is only 2 bars.  This is a recent problem.  How do I get someone to investigate the tower closest to me? 

0 Likes
Re: Recent poor service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tracyw52,

Service you can count on is a must. I know that's a big deal. We're always here to help with any issues. Service can very a great deal over time for a lot of reasons, but we want to make sure things always keep working well. Usually two bars still provides a solid service, though the bars aren't the only factor. What issues are you having using your phone at home? 

-Andrew

0 Likes
tracyw52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 phones on 2 different plans on my house.  My work phone had Wi-Fi calling enabled and I noticed a few months ago my data usage went up.  I thought it was strange, but I haven't gone over my plan so I didn't really think about it.  My personal phone didn't have WI-FI calling enabled.  This phone was dropping calls and sometimes when I would call someone else's cell phone instead of ringing it would go straight to voice mail and the person I was calling didn't get notification of the call.  I turned on Wi-Fi calling on my personal phone and my reception is much better. 

I have tried everything on the troubleshooting list to fix this issue on both phones, but I don't think it's a phone problem.  I can walk 1 mile away and all of a sudden I have full bars/service.   I have checked my personal phone and at my house it shows -106Db.  This issue occurs outside my home, not just inside it.  I can see a cell tower from my house so I don't think the signal is blocked either.  I could show you on a map, but I don't know how to attach a picture.  

I switched to Verizon about a year ago and I never had issues until recently.  I just want to make sure someone on the technical team takes a look at the problem so it can be fixed.  

amrussell721
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with both the phones on my Verizon account.  they are new phones and nothing has changed on my plan, but I can't get any bars now here at my house in zipcode 21536 when I have had no problems for the past 6 years that I have lived here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hearing that you are having issues with your service concerns us.  We do not want this type of experience for any of our customers.  Please let us work together to get this matter resolved.  Can you state what your device is reading, is it 5G, 4G/LTE, 3G, 1X or No Service?  Does it fluctuate between these? *Lisa

0 Likes