Re: Report poor coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you up and running rhondarnne. When did this start? What zip code are you in? What is the make and model of your phone? We can't let you leave our Verizon family, your business means everything to us.
RosanneMMVZWW
Follow us on Twitter VZWSupportt
If my response answered your question please click the�CorrecttAnswer�� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bartley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Who do you talk to about bad coverage in your area? The coverage map reads as if we should have a perfect signal, yet it is horrible here.

0 Likes
vbrown4640

I am having the same issue. I used to love my Verizon coverage because it was the only carrier that would work where we live. Up until about 6 months ago that is. Now my calls break up or I get no service at all. Verizon also offered me the "deal" to get a booster that might help. However, I am not paying for additional equipment to get coverage I was already getting AND that is listed in their coverage map. I was told that they cannot guarantee coverage in a building.  I am a stay at home mom, if anything were to happen with me or my children (God forbid) I would have to run around my yard trying to get a bar to call for help.

My husband has AT&T for his work cell phone and he doesn't have any issues. I read on the internet that AT&T bought areas from Verizon.  I have been with Verizon for many years but I may be switching.

AT&T to buy Verizon territories, affecting 1M subscribers - ABC News

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly regret to see that you are considering leaving us, vbrown4640. 

We understand that reliable coverage is important to everyone. The great thing about the Network Extender is that there is the one time cost and there are no monthly fees to use the device. If you get it and it does not work, you can return it within 14 days to get a refund for the Network Extender. http://vz.to/Wezl57

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bread4u

Bobbyva: Don't let them charge you a cancellation fee! If Verizon isn't providing the service that you're paying for ( a signal ) , then THEY are breaking the contract, not you.

I am about to switch carriers because of no signal at my rural home. I have satellite Internet, so their booster isn't an option I guess. They failed to carry out their obligations under the contract by not providing the promised signal. No way I'd ever pay a fee on top of a monthly payment for something I'm not getting.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

What make believe contract have you been reading? Not only does the contract contain no such 'promises' of wireless services it is actually quite the opposite. It has always been this way, and is the same for any carrier. This is one reason why they offer a return period when starting service so that if the customer is not satisfied with coverage or anything else at all they can cancel service without penalty. It is not part of their business model to give away high cost accessories. Some carriers may need to in their business model in order to be competitive and attract or keep customers due to their smaller overall network coverage area.

Here are some of the service statements from your contract-

THERE MAY BE TIMES WHEN SERVICE IS UNAVAILABLE. Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, to the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, about your service or your wireless device. We do not warrant that your wireless device will work perfectly or that it will not be negatively affected by network–related modifications."

0 Likes
Denny96

I live along the State Route; [Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  . The entire valley from [removed] , lacks any Verizon coverage, plus I have rentals [removed] , which is at the elevation of 2,200 ft, working on the rear house for six weeks, I missed so many calls, just feet from the Gtr Johnstown Airport runway. Plus our Solomon Fireman's Club across the airport, adjacent to State Rte 219, has limited coverage.

I had recently offered to the Cambria County Commissioners the suggestion that the Gtr John P Martha, Johnstown Airport Authority should elect a short base antenna system near their control tower to offer for lease to the cell companies, which would benefit the entire area.Their elevation is 2,275 ft, which is the highest with the exception of the Laurel Mtns to the West, approx 15 miles.

There is a major market area in Richland Township that needs enhanced coverage. [removed]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Denny96, we want to make sure that you don't miss any more important calls. Do you know anyone else having issues with voice in your area? When did this issue start? Let's make sure that your device is updated to retrieve signal from the nearest wireless tower in your area. Dial *228 and select option 2 to update the roaming capabilities on your phone.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
taoshum

Does anyone know why Vz has stopped cell coverage in Taos Ski Valley?  Vz coverage was always about 1-2 bars but now it does not work at all, no calls, no texts, no data, nothing.  At the same time ATT has installed several cell towers in the village area.  Has Vz abdicated the market?  Many, if not most, people in NM have Vz and now have no service in the Taos Ski Valley.  Please help us!!!!  Thanks.

0 Likes
taoshum

OK, please let us know if Vz is going to restore service in Taos Ski Valley.

0 Likes