Revolution address book issues
Nobull408

I bought the LG Revolution a week ago, so far it's an amazing device EXPECT it keeps erasing my address book!

Does anyone know what could be causing this and what I can do to fix it? 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Revolution address book issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can you restore the contacts from the "trash" on BA? Once they are restored maybe you can get the sync part to work again.

If you don't want to deal with the hassle again, might I suggest transferring all your contacts to Google contacts. Export all your contacts from BA. This will create a vcf or a csv file on your computer. Log into your Google account and import the file to your Google contacts. On the phone delete all your phone only contacts and turn off the sync with BA. Turn on the Google sync for contacts and watch the contacts appear. The next time you create a new contact, you will need to verify that you are creating a new Google contact instead of a phone contact.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Do you have the address book synced with anything? Backup Assistant, Google?

If BA, have you logged into your MyVerizon account and checked to see if your contacts are there?

More details please.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Nobull408

Thanks for the reply.

Yes when I go to BackUp Assistant on verizon all of my contacts were there. For some reason though they were all in the trash. 

I clicked sync with phone. It said 'sync complete' but yet nothing happened. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Can you restore the contacts from the "trash" on BA? Once they are restored maybe you can get the sync part to work again.

If you don't want to deal with the hassle again, might I suggest transferring all your contacts to Google contacts. Export all your contacts from BA. This will create a vcf or a csv file on your computer. Log into your Google account and import the file to your Google contacts. On the phone delete all your phone only contacts and turn off the sync with BA. Turn on the Google sync for contacts and watch the contacts appear. The next time you create a new contact, you will need to verify that you are creating a new Google contact instead of a phone contact.

0 Likes
Nobull408

GREAT IDEA.

Works great and synced right away! Lets just hope it's not a glitch with the Revolution. 

Thanks for your help! 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Actually BA has had a rough relationship with android phones and others since October 2010. Users would report similar experiences on this community. Hopefully it has all been fixed now, but with your recent experience I am still wary of using it.

I have used my Google account for all my contacts and haven't lost a single one through a few factory resets, three different phones on two different carriers.

Glad to be of help.

0 Likes