Re: Ridiculous slow Data Speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, RBlattNZ! It's our priority to provide a seamless network experience and we are concerned to hear that you are experiencing challenges with your service. We would love the opportunity to help you in any way we can. Can you please send us a private message, this way we can better assist you? 

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

Seriously? I sent a private message last time you asked and still haven't heard back. 

Seriously? Verizon has been well aware of the severe connection issues in Jonesboro for 2yrs now. Apparently it's because there's only one cell tower for every single person in Jonesboro, thus massive congestion.

I spoke with a Verizon representative last night and their only solution was to buy a signal booster stick. Those things are NOT cheap!

0 Likes
Dravore
Enthusiast - Level 1

It’s awful here. I’ve been with Verizon for over 20 year and it’s never been this bad. You can’t download a picture and forget accessing a app or a video once you leave wifi. Many times even texting says sent at text message. No one here will admit to a problem. My wife even sat on the forever hold time for customer service because she thought it might be her phone. If it wasn’t such a pain to switch 5 numbers over to another provider we would have already bailed. From what I understand that Verizon sold some of their towers in the area to prepare for 5G which is still not a option here. Anyway good luck to all with awful speeds. It’s not just you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly a long time ot be experiencing issues, RBlattNZ. We definitely want to turn things around. We appreciate your efforts to contact us and I apologize that our previous recommendation was not suitable. To confirm, what speeds are you receiving in your area?

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

When I check my mobile network strength in my settings menu, it's typically between -98 & -117 dBm, more often closer to latter. The best signal I ever get in Jonesboro is in the mid -90s.

For those reading this needing an understanding of the measurement, -65 dBm is full strength or 5 bars, -90 dBm is halfway or 3 bars, and -120 dBm means a dead zone with zero bars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RBlattNZ, we are here for you to help make sure that you can get the best speeds possible. So we can check, please send us a Private Note. 

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

Message sent.

For the record, the connection in Blytheville, AR is just as bad if not worse than in Jonesboro. As soon as I leave city limits? No problems at all.

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

I've sent 2 messages without any response whatsoever. I called customer support and after being on hold for an hour, the representative wanted to "refresh" my phone. She changed my phone number without consent, then the support line closed for night, making me unable to reach anyone to switch my number back. Since my number was changed (without authorization), I couldn't log in to the website because my password and security question didn't match. This is customer support??? What about all this talk of 5G Nationwide? There isn't any reception in the Northeast Arkansas major cities, let alone 5G. 

0 Likes
Thundr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates on this situation?  We are seeing the same issues around Mississippi.

0 Likes
RBlattNZ

With Verizon? No. I updated my situation by getting a work phone on a GMA network (At&t, Cricket, etc) instead of CDMA (Verizon). The small town in which I live is a GMA dead zone, so can't just switch carriers.

0 Likes