Rural LTE Service for an actual Rural geographic location
WayneU
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a very rural area in Northern New Hampshire, and I am at my wits end in trying to find internet service for my home. There is a Verizon tower just a couple of miles away. I see that there are products on the market that will use LTE signals to provide internet service through an ethernet cable that is plugged into a router.

When I visit my local Verizon store, I see that Verizon does not sell any of these products, and only has Jetpacks. Unfortunately a Jetpack will not provide internet service for my wired devices. When I ask my local store which products might work on the Verizon system, I am told that I need to play a bit of roulette by buying a product, and bring it into my local store where then can scan the IMIE number to see of Verizon will accept that product.

So if the product that I purchase does not work, I then need to return it and then order a different product in the hopes of a different outcome. But if I am successful in finding a product, then nobody can tell me in advance what the charge would be for a monthly data plan.

We are living in a time where remote learning via video conferencing is supposed to be the norm. Ditto for medical appointments. My wired phone service, Consolidated Communications, does not offer internet service. And the only service around here provides very unreliable internet service. I’ve been a Verizon customer for many years. What do I need to do to get Verizon as my internet service provider for my whole home since there aren’t any satisfactory alternatives? If Verizon is providing “Rural” internet service for places like Nashua New Hampshire (a big city from my point of view), why can I not get rural internet service for my home in Coos County, NH?

I welcome suggestions or possible solutions.

0 Likes
Re: Rural LTE Service for an actual Rural geographic location
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello WayneU! We know it's important to stay connected, and we would to help. We have an option called Home LTE. You can find out here if it's available for your home: https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet/

AaronS_VZW

WayneU
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  But before making my posting, I did check the zip codes in New Hampshire where you offer Rural LTE Home Internet.  Unfortunately the zip code for where I live (03579) which covers Errol, Wentworth Location, Upton Maine, Millsfield (where I actually live), is not in your list or rural areas that have this coverage.  Quite frankly, I was rather shocked to see that the 3rd biggest CITY in New Hampshire, Nashua IS LISTED as having Rural Home LTE service.  

So imagine my dismay when I actually live in a rural area, see that Cities qualify for rural LTE service, but an actual rural area where I live where children need to be educated, and people who live here are expected to have Video Conferenced medical appointments but have zero options for actually doing that when there is a Verizon tower nearby beaming very strong signals.  It's a very sad situation for those of us who actually live here and are supposed to be functioning like other people who do things remotely during a pandemic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do apologize if our LTE Home Internet is not available in your area, WayneU. We are always working on improving our coverage, and we may have options for you in the future. For now, we recommend exploring any other options available to ensure that you are connected at your home. 

0 Likes
WayneU
Enthusiast - Level 1

I appreciate your taking the time to reply.  However, kindly understand that if I had other viable options I would be using them.  We seriously need Verizon to step up to the plate for ACTUAL Rural areas instead of focusing on Urban cities like Nashua, NH.  We are in the midst of a pandemic, where remote learning and remote medical visits are supposed to be the norm.  

Now it’s not that we do not have a Verizon Cell tower nearby.  We do.  And we get a clear LTE signal from that tower.  I do not think that we are asking for Verizon to add technology to this existing tower.  We are simply asking that you enable your existing technology, and tell the local Verizon shop that it is now enabled so that it can be used during these unusual times that simply do not allow for us to wait indefinitely.

0 Likes