SCHLC11 and XP = dial up speed
BRO12
Enthusiast - Level 1

With Win7 got 8M down and 1.7 up. But most computers here are XP SP3 and we are getting literally dial up speed 70K down 25K up. Installed IP6, but only improved to 175K down. Anyone else using XP?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SCHLC11 and XP = dial up speed
BRO12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I have a partial solution.

Installing IP6 increased the speed to 500K down.

But the solution I have now gives me 2.5M down 2.5M up. On the wired connection to the rest of my LAN, I deleted the IP addresses under Gateway and DNS, leaving them blank. This forces all internet traffic to the wireless hotspot. Third tier Verizon support  could not figure this out, but my computer guy just kept pushing buttons until something worked.

It still is not as fast as we can get with a Win 7 machine (19M down!!!!) but OK to run just one machine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheSchneider

Yeah, I tried a machine with Wxp and it was fine once I had a good unit. The first one I had did this too (dial up speeds) and had to be replaced. Now I have other issues with it disconnecting every 45min- 1.5 hours, there is no way this is a good small business solution! And if I had this for home usage it would be at the bottom of the pool by now!

0 Likes
BRO12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I have a partial solution.

Installing IP6 increased the speed to 500K down.

But the solution I have now gives me 2.5M down 2.5M up. On the wired connection to the rest of my LAN, I deleted the IP addresses under Gateway and DNS, leaving them blank. This forces all internet traffic to the wireless hotspot. Third tier Verizon support  could not figure this out, but my computer guy just kept pushing buttons until something worked.

It still is not as fast as we can get with a Win 7 machine (19M down!!!!) but OK to run just one machine.

0 Likes