SLOW 4g Speed
brounds
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing download speeds of .5 - 1.5 mb/s download speeds on both wifi and Ethernet connections to my 4g router with voice (Vz Home).  This has been ongoing for aprox 2 weeks.  Applies to all devices (cell phones and PCs).  Unlimited data plan.

Signal strength on phone - 3bars

signal strength on router - RSRP -90db, RSRQ -11db

zip 24529

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SLOW 4g Speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brounds, we want to get you flowing back with the blazing data speeds. I appreciate all of the information you have provided us.  The zip code you provided checks out all clear. We want to make sure we set the proper expectation. Do you know how much data you have used on each line of service? Here is some information to review on the Unlimited Plan https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brounds
Enthusiast - Level 1

All my neighbors (using the same cell tower) are having the same issue.  There is nothing on my end contributing to this.  I've run speed tests from 3 devices (as have my neighbors) and they all show a severe slow down in download speeds but not upload speed.  btw, my neighbors are not under the new unlimited plan.  I've driven past this tower and get full strength on my cell phone but still less than 1 mb/s download speeds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying. Just to clarify, has your usage passed 10GB for hotspot or 22GB on your cellphone? Please have your neighbors reach out to us so we can further address this concern.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
brounds
Enthusiast - Level 1

My usage on any single device is less than 2gb.  My neighbors have contacted Verizon directly who has vaguely indicated that there may be an issue with the tower in question.  to add, when I connect to another tower (traveling), download speed is in the expected range (7-10 mb/s).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brounds, we want you up to speed no matter where you travel.  I have sent you a private message to look into this further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHAAND19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain. On the evening of 5/18/2017 I had the same thing occur at my location at zip 65622. My phone's weren't anywhere near the 22 GB Max but both my hotspot and phones dropped speed at the same time going from an average of 12Mb/s to .5/.6 speeds.

I went to Verizon after having slower internet for years knowing that on 3g speeds the slowest should be 400K beating what I had. Now I'm running approx 60K which is 2g speeds.

Prior to this I went a couple of months with great service and now it's an issue. I don't like being felt like I was lied to about the speeds if they are not even going to honor 3g speed service.

I was told by a representative  that they had been having issues with 3g light speed lately but couldn't tell me if or when the issue would be resolved.

I took my hotspot to a location today where my phone managed to hit 30 Mb but was still showing the .60 for the hotspot. There was a notice that the speed would spike to begin with before being throttled. This tells me that the speed is being capped at 2g speeds not even honoring the 3g minimum.

At this time if the issue is not resolved very soon, Verizon will have one less family and profit source as well as possibly more if the company is trying to do a bait and switch trying to get people to move to their service.

RANMIK19

I've been having that issue for over a month now. I have spoken or chatted with support on at least three separate occasions. I am currently over my 10 GB limit but my download speed is usually less than .6 mbps with upload speeds being leads than .7 mbps even before I surpassed the limit.

I was told that the issue is being addressed but I have to say that I'm less than impressed.

0 Likes