Samsung 4G Mobile Hotspot
Paperweb

Looking for expertise.  My Toshiba laptop does not communicate with my new Samsung 4G Mobile Hotspot.  The Toshiba laptop, does, however, connect to all other local hotspots, my own router, etc.  Any suggestions before I pull my hair out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung 4G Mobile Hotspot
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Paperweb!

Yes, it is odd that your Samsung 4G Mobile Hotspot device is not connecting with  your computer while other local hotspots can.  I would like to assist!

When you power on the mobile hotspot device and enable your Wi-Fi on your computer, does the device show listed in available networks?  If so, when you go to connect, do you get an error message?  Since you haven't yet established a connection or changed any settings with the hotspot device, let me suggest hard resetting the mobile hotspot device.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes
Re: Samsung 4G Mobile Hotspot
techismylife
Contributor - Level 1

Paperweb wrote:

Looking for expertise.  My Toshiba laptop does not communicate with my new Samsung 4G Mobile Hotspot.  The Toshiba laptop, does, however, connect to all other local hotspots, my own router, etc.  Any suggestions before I pull my hair out?

Try updating the WLAN drivers on your computer, go to the manufactures website, type in your make and model and update the drivers, Also check and see if you laptop supports WPA2, If your using windows xp it wont so you need to drop down your security level.

0 Likes