Samsung 4G mobile hotspot not working with VPN
cavman13

I am not able to connect to my VPN with the Samsung hotspot.  Ever since the upgrade that Verizon sent out on Friday, the VPN no longer seems to work correctly.  It says its connected, but I am unable to do anything.  No one else using this VPN is having the problem.  Any suggestions?  I have heard to USB 4G device does not have a problem with VPNs.  Anyone know about this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung 4G mobile hotspot not working with VPN
ITKen

Hi Cavman.  Please look over the other threads regarding this device and VPN traffic.  There appears to be an issue with this specific device.  If you are able, try to exchange your Samsung for the VZW 4510L 4G MiFi instead.

0 Likes
cavman13

I was able to solve the problem.  The mifi device had the same IP address as the host server and the VPN could not connect to that host. Our IT guy was able to change the IP address to the mifi and worked everything out.  Others may want to try this.  It is easy to change the IP address through the admin page for the Samsung.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello cavman13,

May I ask have we confirmed that the VPN passthrough is enabled? Also, what type of VPN does your company uses. Although we don't support VPN connectivity, we want to provide all the assistance we can to resolve this issue. The types of VPN supported on the Samsung SCH-LC11 hotspot is 

• IPSec with L2TP
• PPTP (Microsoft)
• System
• System log enable

• IPSec with L2TP

• PPTP (Microsoft)

• System

• System log enable

If one of these options are the one you use, then we recommend reaching out to your VPN administrator for additional assistance. Hope this helps.

0 Likes