Samsung Charge i510 Drops 4G
randerson

My Samsung Charge Drops the connection to 4G and will not reconnect unless it is rebooted. It isn't the signal as I have very good signal strength, as measured by an Anritsu BTS Master spectrum analyzer with LTE software measurements. It is really starting to irritate me. Anyone have a solution to this? I suspect it's the phone, so any i510 firmware updates in the works for this or should I take the phone back and get a different device?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Charge i510 Drops 4G
speedy1979
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instead of rebooting the phone try going to settings>wireless & network>mobile networks>system selection and toggle LTE automatic and CDMA mode.  Or download one of the LTE toggle widgets from the market.

LTE switch

0 Likes
XaeroR35

speedy1979 wrote:

Instead of rebooting the phone try going to settings>wireless & network>mobile networks>system selection and toggle LTE automatic and CDMA mode.  Or download one of the LTE toggle widgets from the market.

LTE switch

This isnt a fix. There seems to be a problem with the 4G network or this phone or both.. Toggling 4G off then back on does not fix the problem of losing the 4G connection See this thread for the grow list of unhappy users:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Charge-by-Samsung/Samsung-Droid-Charge-No-4g-or-3g-network-connect...

0 Likes
imapepper2

I don't think Speedy was saying this was a "fix", but just a way to get LTE back up faster without having to go through the whole reboot process.

I also have this issue in Sacramento and use the LTE Switch app which makes it much faster to get to the system selection screen MUCH faster.

It seems that you are upset about this issue, but slamming someone who is experiencing the same issue for offering a workaround until Verizon fixes this problem will only keep others from offering help.

0 Likes