Samsung Charge wont activate????
Lavalls

Hi,

I bought a Samsung Charge at Pm Pacific time,it is now 7:30 pm and it refuses to activate. I am told by tech support that there is a problem with the 4G Sim Cards???  Is anyone else having this problem???  Or better yet does anyone have a Charge that actually works. I am amazed that it is taking so long to get my phone to work???? I have never had a Phone that wont activate????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Charge wont activate????
marl
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
lv2bsilly

I got mine today at 11am PST and it still wont activate :smileysad: I can receive text messages but cant look at anything because it is stuck on that stupid "please wait until phone is activated" screen :robotmad:

The guy at VZW said they were taking about 20mins to activate prior to today. For whatever reason today they wont activate at all. So sad..waitied so long for this phone and cant even play with it. I hope they fix this issue by tomorrow morning!

0 Likes
Lavalls

Thanks for the reply, it looks like we are in trouble> I guess I will take mine back. I dont want something that does not even work. Based on your comment they have a major problem that they can not solve.  Good Luck and thanks.....

0 Likes
mspampi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received my Charge in the mail today. Booted it up, did its activation with no issue, rebooted.. Then rebooted a few more times because signal kept disconnecting. Then ported number over in about 5 minutes it was complete. Rebooted a few more times, and now all is well lol. Its a very nice phone IMO. Came from an Aria on at&t and of course this is worlds better. Loving the speed of LTE. Even the 3G here is solid. Getting 1mb down/850k up on 3G. Very impressed.

0 Likes
marl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome , I am glad yours is working...  I am still down....

0 Likes
mspampi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I guess what I'm saying is that its probably not the phone.. But your area and the network/activation process. Reboot it a few times and leave it alone for a while. Mine took some time to 'calm down' from receiving info from the network.

0 Likes
taclobann

Hey I have the same problems that you did. I was able to receive texts and calls but the activation orange box wouldn't allow me to get into the phone to look at it. 

I FOUND A WAY AROUND IT!

If you have the puzzle piece unlock screen, slide the puzzle piece for text or phone call into its place and you will be able to view a missed call list and it will give you some functionality. 

I tried redialing the activation number that was in the call list. I gave the phone to my wife and somehow she navigated her way to the home screen and from then on I was able to use the phone to make calls, texts, and use the entire functionality of the device on wifi and 3g but not 4g at all. The activation was not complete, but at least I was able to use my phone.

unfortunately, I was so excited to play with all the settings, I changed my unlock screen to whats called, the glass slider. I then (this morning) attempted to "reactivate my phone" and it failed and locked me out of the phone again after I restarted it.!!! Ughrr!

Now that I dont have the puzzle piece unlock screen, I'm once again locked out of the phone completely, just like you. 

I did find out that if you hold the search button; you can do a voice search and use the browser, and I can still accept a call. 

Anyways, I sure hope they fix this problem, I cannot go another day without a phone.

Best of luck

let me know if you make any progress on the situation as well.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
marl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your insights Ben. I have also tried doing other things with the phone. I took out the 4g sim card hoping it would work in 3g only. It wont work without the SIM. Verizon Tech tells me its only a matter of hitting the "Switch" on their end to have their system recognize the SIM # and Serial # of the phone together. Like you and I am sure many others all we can do is wait.

I would think that there would be a pretty simple fix, but I guess not..... Stay Tuned!!! Last night I was told it would work this AM and I am still down. Doesnt seem worth the $299 does it?????   Kind of like a Brand New Corvette that wont start...

This also bothers because I was one of the first customers to have a BB Storm and 6 Storms later,(way to many issues).I would have recalled the Storm as a Lemon and finally I got a Droid and now have a Droid X both of which are almost flawless. I am impressed with Android,but am getting a bad taste for the Charge. Right out of the box and it does not work????  Come on Verizon, you can do better!!!!!!  Also Samsung,where are you on this issue, you usually make great phones... This one seems half-baked....

I almost left Verizon over the Storm problems and would never ever own Junk Blackberry again. 

I hope this Charge is not loaded with faults like the Storm was. But the Storm was never inoperable for this long either. Not a very good sign when Verizon cant get us up and running?????

For the rest of you out there thinking of buying one of these,beware that out of the box,it may not work for a few days. If this was my main phone,I would be in trouble....

Mark

0 Likes
marl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, As of 10am PST, my Charge is up and running. Verizon hit the switch.....

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
marl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im up and running!!!

0 Likes