Samsung Charge wont stay on 3G
Bigwehrm

My new charge and my wifes wont stay on 3G networks.  We have to restart the phone and then it will restart with 3 g service and after about 5 minutes or less it goes back to regular service with no connectability.  What is up with that.  It happens everytime,  restart,  3g for 5 minutes and then back to regular service.  My friends can be sitting right next to me with there phones that aren't the Charge and they all have 3g.  Any ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Charge wont stay on 3G
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies. I know it can be frustrating loosing network connection on your device. Please ensure Use packet data is checked on your device by following these steps:

1) Menu

2) Settings

3) Wireless & network

4) Mobile networks

5) Use packet data - Make sure this is checked

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jackyar

I am having the exact same experience. Losing network connections all of the time and on an expensive brand new phone

0 Likes
jackyar

I am having the exact same experience. Losing network connections all of the time and on an expensive brand new phone

0 Likes
andrews1434

I am having same issue in Chicago. 

Any word on this Verizon?!

0 Likes
gemro311

Suggest you call Verizon and put in a ticket..I am having the issue on my replacement phone .  Have a feeling it's a device issue . My wife and friend also have the charge , and have not experienced this problem.  Verizon contacted me this morning to follow up and they are now running tests to see where the issue is...

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your replies. I know it can be frustrating loosing network connection on your device. Please ensure Use packet data is checked on your device by following these steps:

1) Menu

2) Settings

3) Wireless & network

4) Mobile networks

5) Use packet data - Make sure this is checked

0 Likes
paperclips

Hi Daisy!

I followed the steps, data packet is on, Wifi off, and still cannot get my Droid Charge to hold a signal for more than 10-20 minutes at a time! I've called Verizon so many times and all I've been told to do multiple times, was to restart the device, and of course 3G comes back, but this is such a temporary fix to this problem...

Is there any way to exchange the phones if they are faulty, or is there an actual solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Girl Working in NYC Who Has No Service.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello paperclips,

I’m sorry to hear you’re still having difficulties with your device not staying on 3G. Do you notice this is happening in particular areas or is it happening everywhere? If it's happening everywhere I would recommend you do a factory reset following these steps:

1. Go to Menu
  2. Go to  Settings
  3. Go to  Privacy
  4. Select Factory data reset from the Personal data section
  5. Select Reset phone. Keep in mind this will erase all data from your phone but it won't erase current system software, bundled applications and SD card files like photos and music.

If it's only happening in certain areas please reach out to our technical support team at 866-892-7957 to open a trouble ticket for the area.

0 Likes
was it solved?
Ed1956

was it solved?

0 Likes
Re: was it solved?
paperclips

Nope not yet. I called Verizon and they are sending a replacement sim card to see if my mother and I received a "bad batch" if that fails, well, looks like we're getting replacement phones. They didn't charge on any data for this month and looks like we'll get this sorted out soon. Hopefully the newer sim cards get 3G at least.

Hope you guys are getting this sorted out as well. Someone said before...the "squeaky wheel gets the grease". It's annoying to complain, but very worth it if it concerns thousands of dollars in fees every year. 

0 Likes