Re: was it solved?
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I just got the Charge yesterday and am having the same issue, sort of.  I have WiFi in my house and after I put in the password and anytime the WiFi is actuve the 3G indicator goes off.  However, my guess is this is normal.  In reality how could the phone use both WiFi and 3G for data at the same time?  I'm not sure if this is true as I am not that knowledgeable about how the phones work, As long as I am on WiFi I don't get 3G.  Within seconds after turning WiFi off my 3G indicator comes back on.  I've tried this many times and it works without fail.  So my question to those having this problem is....are you absolutely sure you're not picking up WiFi somewhere, possibly from a public network, that is causing your 3G to go out?

Now, the issue I do have is that I am literally within 2 blocks of 4G coverage on the map and am supposed to be in the 4G extened area.  No 4G at all for me.  I'm calling tech support as this is what I have seen recommended in other posts to see if there is a roaming profile or tower issue in my area.

0 Likes