Samsung Droid Charge 4G Issues users be aware
Ed1956

I just got this phone, first I checked if 4G was available in my area (ZIP) with Verizon, they said "YES".....Ok,  $350 after I just found out that I can only get 3G actually...worst, it keeps dropping dead even when I have 3 solid bars.

I need re-start the phone every time the network drops and will stay on  for awhile only....anyone else have this experience?

I really hope they will come up with a patch for this problem soon, not happy at all right now.

Ed

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Droid Charge 4G Issues users be aware
Not applicable

Ed, 

I'm gad you were able to figure out that Juice Defender was causing you to lose your data connection. Checking the map for Cleveland, I do see we have several areas of 4G, but there are some spotty areas depending on your exact location. I would recommend putting in your exact address on the 4G map to make sure it is showing 4G there. We are constantly improving our 4G network and hopefully soon will have full coverage in your area. Here is a link to the map here: http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PurdueGIrl05

I have had few problems with my Droid Charge since the 4G network was launched. Tonight is the first night. 

I had MANY problems at the end with the 3G network, but I chalked it up to a lot of tweaking and preparing for the launch of the 4G network.

I've had Verizon for years with few complaints, so I am trying to be patient with the bugginess of the 4G network.

0 Likes
Re Charge 4G mobile network dead
zierro

Been using this phone since its launch. A few bugs no real issues until tonight. Cant gain access to mobile network. Odd, been constantly traveling, no problem. Now that I'm sitting in my 4G home its dead. 

0 Likes
Re: Re Charge 4G mobile network dead
PurdueGIrl05

The entire network is down.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good morning, Ed1956!

Is this issue still occurring? What city and state are you located in so I can check into the 4G coverage? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
mclovin33

Try switching your phone from LTE automatic to CDMA only mode and see if that fixes the problem of no 3G coverage.  It worked for me.  I will be manually switching it for the time being as when set to "LTE Automatic" it wouldn't drop back to 3G.

This setting is under:  Settings->Wireless & network->Mobile Networks->System Selection

Ron

0 Likes
Ed1956

Hello,

My ZIP code is 37323,  Verizon web site said that  4G was available for my ZIP.......riding aorund the intery ZIP code and nothing so is not my location (actually 918 ft above sea level), the 4G is only available  in Downtown Cleveland/TN and a few miles around it...that's it!

0 Likes
Ed1956

Thanks Ron,

I did that also and did not work, I found out myself that the Verizon Office where I purchased  my Charge also had downloaded an app called  "Juice Defender" in order to save my batteries from draining soon....well, after going back and forward with it, I found out that this App was disabling the network behind scenes, the network was checked on but this junk App was disabling it every time I stop using the Network after a reboot.

I disabled the App and I am on the network since...but 3 G only....:smileysad:....and so is my luck, now I hear that Verizon will nuke the unlimited data for $29, that sux Verizon!

Ed

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ed1956 wrote:

Hello,

My ZIP code is 37323,  Verizon web site said that  4G was available for my ZIP.......riding aorund the intery ZIP code and nothing so is not my location (actually 918 ft above sea level), the 4G is only available  in Downtown Cleveland/TN and a few miles around it...that's it!

Heck, I wonder which bigwig lives or vacations in Cleveland to get 4G to there anyways!

0 Likes
Ed1956

:smileyvery-happy: LOL, you must be from Chattanooga....

0 Likes