Samsung LC-11 won't stay powered off, turns itself on
jonwithoutanh

I have a Samsung LC-11 4G Mobile Hotspot.  I'm not sure how old it is, as I have it through work.

Since I got it, it's had an issue where it will not stay turned off.  If I turn it off (by holding the power button a few seconds), it powers down and then usually immediately turns back on.  Sometimes when I turn it off it will stay off for awhile, but it comes back on eventually - per my observations, usually within about ten minutes.

I've taken to removing the battery when I want to turn the unit off (annoying because the battery cover is really difficult to remove).  If I remove the battery, the hotspot usually turns back on immediately when I put the battery back in.  Again, sometimes it doesn't turn on immediately, but it turns itself on within about ten minutes of putting the battery back.

I've tried updating the firmware, which did not seem to make a difference.  I've also tried browsing through the admin interface and changing a few settings, but nothing helps.

Has anybody else seen this before?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung LC-11 won't stay powered off, turns itself on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonwithoutanh, this is definitely out of the ordinary! Is there any physical or water damage on the device or power button? Is the hotspot connected to another power source via outlet?

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jonwithoutanh

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong physically with the power button, and I'm not aware of any water damage.  The behavior is the same whether it's plugged in to a power source or not.

Thanks for your responser and your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, jonwithoutanh. I understand that the device is through work. Did the previous owner experience similar issues before you recieved it? Is the connection being disconnected before the device is turned off?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jonwithoutanh

Thanks for your response!

I am not sure who had this device before me and I'm not aware of anybody else having an issue like this with it.  I think it went unused for a while before I took it.

It seems to behave the same regardless of whether there are clients connected to it when I turn it off.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You bet, jonwithoutanh!
That certainly is odd behavior. I don't show any other reports of the LC11 behaving this way.
I do want to ensure that you have the most current software version http://vz.to/1sBmcgt. Please let me know what you find.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes