Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot FREE IPHONE APP RELEASED: HOTSPOTSAM
cyberbeach

I love the Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot - it fits in your pocket better than the new 4G MiFi, but it doesn't have a battery status indicator or display.

So I wrote an iPHONE APP and it's FREE.    If you have a Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot and an iPhone, please install it and check it out.

1. It ONLY works for the Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot.
  2. You have to be connnected to the Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot
  3. You have to enter it's the IP address of the Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot and your login password in the app, although it's already set up for the defaults right out of the box.
  4. Please post any comments about it here and/or at our support website at www.NetSubNet.com

I wrote this for myself but I think it could be useful for anyone with this router so I put it in the store at no charge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 4G Hotspot FREE IPHONE APP RELEASED: HOTSPOTSAM
Smabbage
Works like a champ on my iPad. Thanks!
0 Likes
cyberbeach

If you can submit those same words as a review, it would be appreciated.  TIA....

0 Likes
Smabbage

Review added to iTunes.

I wonder if it would be possible to add signal strenth to the main page.  Number of bars or db.  I'm not quite sure what you can retrieve from the device when polling.

0 Likes
cyberbeach

Sorry to take so long to reply....  I now have a support community set up at http://www.netsubnet.com, or you can touch the support button on the SETUP tab inside of HotSpotSam.

Yes, that's the second request for signal strength, so it's on the planned feature list.  I'm currently working on integrating the real artwork so that it's easier to see the current status - and the app looks a lot better too.

Next up is putting the status messages into a real log so if there's a problem or you just want to see what the app has been doing, you can scroll through it.

Also, I'll be putting the most common questions into an in-app help screen.

Then I'll work with the artist on the best way to show the signal bars on the main screen.  The RSSI number on the INFO tab is the Received Signal Strength Indication (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Received_signal_strength_indication) ie "Signal Strength" so the info is out there :smileyhappy: just need to display it.

I'd also like to add an option to beep on low battery.

There have been thousands of downloads so I guess people find it useful!  It would be nice if more people would rate and review, too.

Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Likes
Smabbage

Good News!  Thanks for the update.

0 Likes
jmarkh

Great App!  Thank you for your hard work.

0 Likes