Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 Blocks Microsoft VPN
ITKen

NedP, see if you are able to exchange your Samsung for the VZW 4510L.  From my initial testing, it doesn't seem to have the VPN issue that the Samsung is experiencing.

0 Likes
flynhi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I utilize the same VPN as NedP and am scheduled to recv the 4510L on Thursday.  I will post with the VPN success/failure outcome.  Keep your fingers crossed!

0 Likes
NedP

This message is for the VZW moderator....My friend is using the Novatel LTE mifi device and I am using my Microsoft VPN through it without issue....ergo the problem lies with the Samsung device and I would like a swap and I will followup with custome service.

thank you.

0 Likes
flynhi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I concur with NedP.  The 4510L does not appear to have the same VPN (PPTP) issues as the Samsung.  I am running successfully via Juniper IPSec VPN.  Yeah!

0 Likes
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

So today I went to a Verizon store about this PPTP issue, they put me on the phone with Tech Support.  Tech Support said something along the lines of "if you can get to the internet, its your problem or Samsungs problem, not ours".  Way to stand behind your "VPN compatible" hotspot!  I'm on the phone with Samsung now.  Hope they can help somehow.  Note to others: returns are only 14 days now, not 30. If you need your SCH-LC11 replaced re: VPN issues do it before 14 days has happened to save a headache.

0 Likes
NedP

Keep us posted on what samsung says...since this appears to be a device issue.

0 Likes
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was on the phone with Samsung for about an hour as they transferred me to three different tiers of support, the final person told me pretty much what is already in this thread: that it doesn't work.  He suggested I try getting a static IP or mess around with port forwarding.  But in the end he said they aren't trained in advanced networking and don't directly support doing VPN on the devices.

So Verizon said to call Samsung, Samsung said to call Verizon.  Workday is running short, I'll have to dig more into this next week!  Will get Backtrack going and figure out exactly which packets are getting dropped, maybe dig through the Firmware a bit more and see if theres something configured improperly.  Wish we could see the config.xml file.  The URL is there, but the link doesn't work.  http://192.168.1.1/config.html  Note the Novatel Mifi2200 text on the bottom of the page.  Copy & paste firmware!

0 Likes
jbresee

Verizon refused to exchange mine.  I am at 17 days with the device and they said the will not replace the device after 14 days, even if it doesn't work.

Nice.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. Although we offer minimal assistance with VPN, we want to ensure that your issue gets the attention it deserves. Just to confirm, you do have the VPN passthrough enabled, correct? Also, have you tried to reach out to your VPN admin for add'l assistance. 

0 Likes
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

ArnettH_VZW thanks for the response.  Yep, I have VPN passthrough enabled, my NAT addresses are not overlapping with the PPTP server.  I run the VPN for our company, so yeah :smileyhappy:  See, I can connect to it from every other network/device.  But when I try through the SCH-LC11vzw it fails to connect.

Maybe we can get the group that writes the firmware for the SCH-LC11 to take a look at this.  From what I can tell looking through the firmware - Samsung provides part of it, then Verizon "brands" it and disables/enables options as needed.  I'm starting to think an option isn't enabled that should be.

Thanks for your assistance!

0 Likes