Samsung SCH-LC11 and Apple MB Pro issues
TheSchneider

Had the Pantech 4G and it worked pretty well, but sometimes the connectiong would hang. It would look like everyhting was connected but the internet would not work eventhough vzw manager said all was good. Speed when it worked was great 14 down and 5-6 up!

Purchased an SCH-LC11, getting Green 4G signal but speeds are slower 8-9 down and 4-5 up, but it's very inconsistant. The unit would lose internet connection and then shut itself off even though the battery was charged. Plugged it in to the MBP and then called vzw support, after 1 hour of trouble shooting they said I had a bad unit.

Replaced the unit, and now at least the card does not power itself off, but still slower than the Pantech and still loses internet. Went to Apple store to rule out the MBP, they changed the encryption from WPA to WPA2 and also the router compatability to b/g/n it was set for only b/g. The card reset and have been testing since, now the speed is still the same, it loses connection about every 45min - 1.5 hours. Now the only way I can get back connected it to reboot the device.

This thing is seems to be very unstable! Going to call VZW support in the AM to see what they can do next. :robotmad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 and Apple MB Pro issues
Bobbybina
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have several Macs, an iPad 2, and an iPhone 4 (Att). I received the Samsung SCH-LC11 yesterday. Both my IMac and MacBook Pro were disconnected after approx. 10 seconds from the hotspot. My iOS devices worked great with download speeds of 21mb/sec here in Santa Monica, CA. I spoke with 2 Verizon engineers who ultimately blamed the issue on Apple and suggested I visit the Genius Bar. I was not impressed. So I tinkered until I found the fix. It took 2 hours. Log into you device from a web browser. Make sure you are on the wifi of the device. I used Safari on my iPad. You may use your iPhone. Find the option to turn on MAC address filtering. Find the MAC address of you devices. On iOS devices, it is located in the settings, then general, then about. It is called wifi address. Add that address into the hotspot's MAC address addition field. Keep adding all the addresses of your devices, including laptops and desktops. On a mac, the MAC address is found by clicking on the Apple logo on the upper left hand corner and choosing about this mac. Then click more info. Then, System Profiler comes up. Find your MAC address under the wifi or airport settings. This solved the dropping connection problem. And, Verizon, you are welcome. Teach this to your engineers because this has saved you a crapload of returned devices. : ) Bobby

View solution in original post

0 Likes
iTech

I have 3 Mac computers and it connects with 2 of them but when I try to connect my MacBook Air it doesn't work and I loose the wifi connection with all the other computers, that is a problem with the wifi connection but I'm also having a problem that I loose the internet connection every few minutes (4G connection).

0 Likes
K_MILL

I can't even get mine to connect to 4G. Spent two hours on the phone with tech support yesterday. Waste of time...

0 Likes
K_MILL

What version of VZ Access Manager are you using?

0 Likes
TheSchneider

I am not using the vzw manager, as this unit does not need it

0 Likes
TheSchneider

Went back to Apple, they had no more suggestions at this point. :smileysad:

0 Likes
Bobbybina
Enthusiast - Level 1
I have several Macs, an iPad 2, and an iPhone 4 (Att). I received the Samsung SCH-LC11 yesterday. Both my IMac and MacBook Pro were disconnected after approx. 10 seconds from the hotspot. My iOS devices worked great with download speeds of 21mb/sec here in Santa Monica, CA. I spoke with 2 Verizon engineers who ultimately blamed the issue on Apple and suggested I visit the Genius Bar. I was not impressed. So I tinkered until I found the fix. It took 2 hours. Log into you device from a web browser. Make sure you are on the wifi of the device. I used Safari on my iPad. You may use your iPhone. Find the option to turn on MAC address filtering. Find the MAC address of you devices. On iOS devices, it is located in the settings, then general, then about. It is called wifi address. Add that address into the hotspot's MAC address addition field. Keep adding all the addresses of your devices, including laptops and desktops. On a mac, the MAC address is found by clicking on the Apple logo on the upper left hand corner and choosing about this mac. Then click more info. Then, System Profiler comes up. Find your MAC address under the wifi or airport settings. This solved the dropping connection problem. And, Verizon, you are welcome. Teach this to your engineers because this has saved you a crapload of returned devices. : ) Bobby
0 Likes
TheSchneider

You are the man!! I am thankful for smart innovative people like yourself who are unwilling to give up until they "fix it" !

0 Likes
bmukund

Yes, this seems to solve the issue. Great find! This was giving me sleepless nights until today :-))

0 Likes
AdamHLG
Bobbybina..... You ARE the man. This fixed the issue for me also on my MacBook Air.

I am not quite sure why it works but it works. Prior to your fix, my WiFi dropped every 5-6 min. Now it's perfect. In my case it was a real issue because I connect to the office via RDC and the wifi drop would disconnect the sessison. SO annoying.

The Mac filtering fixes it for those reading this. Great fix. Thank you.
0 Likes