Samsung SCH-LC11 and Macintosh
getmodern

I just got this hotspot, and it has been working great! The only thing i've not been able to do is tether the device with my Macintosh via USB. On all my previous WiFi cards, the computer automatically recognized the card. For some reason, this device is not recongnized by the macintosh.

There doesn't seem to be any documentation about it, either here or on Samsung's site. Has anyone been able to successfully connect the SCH-LC11 to the Macintosh? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 and Macintosh
BabyMSP

I'm reading and typing on my MacBook Pro on the SCH-LC11 using WiFi - seems to work fine.

For what it's worth, I always broadcast my SID and have locked the channel it uses.  I was having problems with the Wifi in low signal areas and locking the channel resolved that issue.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

The SCH-LC11 does not work via USB at all.  The only thing you can do via USB is charge the unit, or update the firmware.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

bonez wrote:

The SCH-LC11 does not work via USB at all.  The only thing you can do via USB is charge the unit, or update the firmware.

True. But you can only update it via Windows, not from a Mac. VMWare Fusion to the rescue.

0 Likes
bonez
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also had to update in a VM.  Unfortunately there are probably a lot of users that cannot do this and will probably have to resort to finding a friend with Windows.  Just sayin'  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

There will be an update coming soon to address the problems, or shall I say, to get better consistancy with using a Mac. Just be patient, it's coming.

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

toughbook wrote:

There will be an update coming soon to address the problems, or shall I say, to get better consistancy with using a Mac. Just be patient, it's coming.

Yes, but will it require Windows to INSTALL that update, as it does now? I have no consistency problem using it with a Mac, it works as well as it does (or doesn't) on my associate's PC and is described in many other posts on this community.

0 Likes
toughbook
Contributor - Level 1

The last I heard and read was that Samsung is aware of all the Mac issues and is working on the fix. Just keep checking each day on www.vzam.net to see.

0 Likes
getmodern

Thanks, everyone, for the input. It would be nice if Samsung or Verizon would have stated somewhere on their sites that tethering only works on a PC.

Oh well. Still works in WiFi, so I'm still happy. 

0 Likes
PDCLarry
Contributor - Level 1

getmodern wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for the input. It would be nice if Samsung or Verizon would have stated somewhere on their sites that tethering only works on a PC.

Oh well. Still works in WiFi, so I'm still happy. 

I think you missed something. Tethering does not work in Windows OR Mac. It can only be used for WiFi with either Windows or Mac. The driver to update the firmware only works in Windows, but only for updating, not for tethering.

0 Likes