Samsung SCH-LC11 constantly resets itself.
geepeej
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why does my Samsung SCH-LC11 constantly reset itself, on its own, interupting internet connectability?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung SCH-LC11 constantly resets itself.
geepeej
Enthusiast - Level 1

This seems to have corrected the problem. Thank you much.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

geepeej,

That is a strange occurance that you are having with the device! I would like to get the issue resolved for you. Can you tell me when did this start happening? What kind of device are you using when the reset happens ( laptop, desktop, etc)? Have you tried connecting on multiple devices? Does it still reset? Have you tried to perform a master reset on the equipment? If not here are the steps to do so:

Remove the battery cover, press and hold the Reset/WPS key on the left side of the device for 10 seconds. Hold the Reset/WPS key until all LED's turn white.

If you perform the reset I am certain that this will resolve your issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
geepeej
Enthusiast - Level 1

This seems to have corrected the problem. Thank you much.

0 Likes
rjpo

I have had the same issue. I tried hard reset, changing the broadcast channel, tried updating software, removing the SIM card and reinserting it, even turn in my new one and got a refurbished one. Still does the same thing. I have two laptops and a printer connected to my SCH-LC11. I have taken each one off and still resets on its own. I have the power setting to NONE so it should not shut off. It gets very frustrating espically when trying to do online banking. From my point of view the Samsung folks need to take a close look at this problem. It has been happening for over a year or more.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rjpo,

Sounds as though you’ve tried a number of troubleshooting steps!  I would like to help.

I noticed you mentioned you’ve had the device replaced; were you sent another 4G SIM Card?  If not, I’d like to see if that would correct the resetting issue.  Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jim_Mich

My Samsung SCH-LC11 was rebooting about every 10 minutes, and almost always about one minute after making a new WiFi connection. Reboot takes slightly less than a minute, but it's irritating to have your internet connection interrupted for almost a minute every 10 minute or so.

Verizon sent me a new unit and it did the same thing.

Eventually I discovered that it only does this when the battery is fully charged and is left connected to the charger. Simply unplug the charging cable and it will run for many hours without rebooting. Then re-connect the charging cable and it will continue to run without rebooting until the battery becomes fully charged again.

0 Likes