Samsung running on 3g won't switch to 4g?
snowpilot

Was wondering if anyone had an issue with the samsung start on 4g, then go 3g and never go back to 4g?

Doesn't it look like there is good signal for the LTE?

Channel: 119 P_REV Indicator: 6 PRL ID: 15010 Band Class Type: 0 ERI Version: 5 Dormancy: FALSE Signal - EVDO: 65 Signal - LTE: 82 Battery Level: 65 Battery Charging: 1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung running on 3g won't switch to 4g?
Not applicable

Transitioning from 4G to 3G is no problem.  Going back to 4G from 3G after going from 4G to 3G will most likely require you to power cycle the device.  This is true for the Samsung hotspot along with any 4G data connection.  You should not encounter this very often unless you are using the connection while traveling.  After a power cycle, the device will connect to the best connection available (which would be 4G if in a 4G coverage area).

I hope these steps resolve your issue.

0 Likes
marti398

Mike,

I am sorry this post is old, but do you REALLY think that is a reasonable solution?  That means I would be power cycling multiple times a day in order to get a 4G solution.  Telling people to power cycle is not a solution, it is a band-aid on a broken leg.  Verizon and Samsung need to work on this issue and fix it.  How about Samsung finally getting Gingerbread also.  Put some pressure on them to get the phone the latest firmware for the phones.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

marti398-In no way are we implying that a power cycle is a solution. We are saying that the power cycle is a temporary solution until a new software update is implemented. Also, putting the phone in airplane mode and then removing the airplane mode.

We did get word on August 3, 2011 that data connectivity issues are expected to be addressed in next release. (no date at this time as to when that will be) but, please know we are working to get this data connectivity issue resolved.

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1
So I'm not the only one with this issue. I would also like to know why that the tech support people do not know about this. When i call tech support they are like well we need to do this and this and that oh that don work we will send you out a like new phone and if that don't work we will put in a trouble ticket. This has been going on for a month. Why do they act like i am the only one having this problem. Getting this fixed should be a proirty you habeas done one update to fix it and its obvious it didn't work this phone has been out for 2 months now i think and u have not fixed it.
0 Likes