San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
scottv31
Enthusiast - Level 2

The LTE signal at Market and Fremont and surrounding areas is really weak.  I get faster download speeds on 3G, but who wants to keep turning LTE off and on.  Not to mention the weak signal kills my battery life.  Anyone else in the vicinity have this issue.

Verizon - if you're listening, boost the signal or do something to improve the network traffic.  There is an AT&T store on this corner and I'm sure they'd be happy to know they have you beat at least in this area.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get you back up to speed in a hurry, scottv31. Do you have any problems with calls in this area? Are there other Verizon customers having problems? Are you able to connect to the web while on 4G or does it error out? Please provide me with a few more details.

Chauncey_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scottv31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Calls are no problem from my office. Likewise iMessages and Text messages are almost always fast, though sometimes will hang for a few extra seconds before being sent.

I can usually connect to the Internet on LTE. I would say 1 out of 5 times there is an error out. However, when it does connect, it probably takes 10x longer to download then when I’m in an area with a good connection. Similarly, email takes a much longer time to connect and will error out on occasion.

I usually have 1 – 2 bars of coverage, but I notice in the earlier mornings it’s usually 2, sometimes 3…so wonder if there is some congestion going on.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information, and I appreciate anything that can be done to speed things up.

Regards,

Scott

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details Scott. I am showing several LTE towers not far from this location. It is possible that early in the morning there aren't as many people using data, so after it picks up later in the day, it slows down. Are you noticing the problem inside a building or outdoors as well? Have you ever run a speed test (by downloading a speed test app) to see what your actual speeds are? If so, what were your results? Has this issue just started?

Marquia_VZW

0 Likes
scottv31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response. The latency/lack of connectivity is slightly worse in my office (6th floor by a window) than outside, but bad either place. I just tried to run a speed test 5 times and it failed every time due to lack of connectivity...see attached a screenshot.

It also took about a minute to open this email. It makes sense that congestion is part of the problem, but it would be nice to use my iPhone freely after 9am. Any help or improvement would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Scott

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@scottv31

Thanks for the additional information!  What is the zip code of the problem location?  Are you aware of any other Verizon Wireless customers having this problem in the area?  Please try resetting the network settings as well http://vz.to/ZKTFpT.  Keep me posted!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scottv31
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip code is 94105. I haven't really surveyed colleagues so not sure how bad the problem is - a couple of co-workers said they get 5 bars on AT&T. I tried restoring the settings and it helped for a few minutes.

Regards,

Scott

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Scott go to on your Computer Sensorly.com and type in your ZIP make sure to also check Verizon LTE but the Darker shades that you see are close to were the Towers are located and when you pull the Map in you'll see your City Streets Just like Google maps.. Sensorly updates these map several times a day so there very accurate. As i was told by a Employee so have a Look and Happy Hunting  Smiley Happy  b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottv31,

Just what I needed to know. Upon review, coverage is booming out there. Now, indoor coverage is a bit tricky as it can't be guaranteed due to building material and other environmental factors (all phones across all carriers are impacted differently indoors). But, outdoors you should be golden. What I would recommend is trying out a new SIM. Pick one up for free at a local corporate location of ours http://bit.ly/3SdsA . Additionally, pulling it often to resync your device with our network is another great utility.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
scottv31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'd like to think it was the building material or SIM card, but I get 5 bars of 3G and its three times faster than LTE. Don't take this the wrong way, but the LTE coverage just stinks for whatever reason.

Regards, Scott

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes