See LTE cell sites {eNodeB's} being activated/programmed/engineered remotely for Verizon!
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

I'd thought I'd share this video which ALU marketing just put out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V74huEaaf4

ALU == Alcatel-Lucent == One of Verizon's main infrastructure vendors for the LTE roll-out in the US. The other is Ericsson which Ericsson does similar things with remote engineering/programming for the final-site-setup-tuning remotely. This is just one of the offices, they have others I believe in all 3 time zones from West to East of the US.

ALU so far activated/programmed 60,000 base stations/cell-sites in North America which a high % of that for one of their key customers, Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: See LTE cell sites {eNodeB's} being activated/programmed/engineered remotely for Verizon!
enyalius
Contributor - Level 1

Very interesting video; thanks for the share!

0 Likes
Re: See LTE cell sites {eNodeB's} being activated/programmed/engineered remotely for Verizon!
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

You've put faces on those faceless entities I've been cursing for weeks.  Now I have an image I can work off of.

Seriously, It does look encouraging.  Thanks for that.

I like my Earnestine rendition of what's going on better :

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4163/saturday-night-live-ernestine

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Neander, this has to do with the eNodeB TRAFFIC ENGINEERING cell sites ALU is doing for VZW (systems integration, engineering, etc. across the US with help from Europe/Canada and Asia). Once again this has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE END-USER DONGLES (USB sticks, UML290 & VL600) because the disconnects once again as we've said ALL ALONG ON THIS FORUM HAVE TO DO WITH THE OEM VENDOR of those sticks, aka Pantech and LG. Why don't you ask Pantech and LG and their **bleep**ty engineering and firmware? 

0 Likes