Service
cheetah1023

I am wondering I used to get 4 bars on my Cell phone whether I am inside or at my balcony.  Lately, I've been getting 2 bars.

What's going on with the cell towers?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service
Weth
Legend

What phone do you have.  Verizon may have added Band 4 frequencies in your area.  If everything still works fine, no worries. 

Band 13 is original LTE and is often overloaded.  Band 4 is newer frequencies, less congested, so you could get faster speed from 2 bars band 4, than 4 bars band 13. 

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

What phone do you have.  Verizon may have added Band 4 frequencies in your area.  If everything still works fine, no worries. 

Band 13 is original LTE and is often overloaded.  Band 4 is newer frequencies, less congested, so you could get faster speed from 2 bars band 4, than 4 bars band 13. 

cheetah1023

I have the Samsung S5

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The S5 does support Band 4 and Band 13, so my theory still is a possible explanation. 

0 Likes
E751975
Enthusiast - Level 2

what is verzion doing about the service in 85546. I pay up the butt for your dirt service and every time I call I get the same schmuck answer, nothing is wrong in your area, the fudge if it isnt. It takes almost 2 minutes to fudging load a page

ggries

How do you change to the newer band?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

E751975, we always want you to have the best possible service. I'm sorry that you've been struggling with your data connection. Allow us to help work towards a resolution. Do you know any other Verizon Wireless customers in this area that experience the same service issues? About how long have you been having trouble with the data connection? How are calls & texts working?  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes