Re: Setting up a LAN with a UML295 USB Modem connected to a wireless router.
Creacontech
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Again, John,

Thank you for your help in steering me in the right direction.  I'm glad I was able to contribute something useful.

What kills me about those TP-Link routers is that, on the outside of the box "Verizon" is clearly listed under the text, "Compatible with most 3G/4G modems", but yet the Tech Support person stated emphatically that they're NOT on the compatibility list.  What's more, I haven't been able to find a compatibility list at all.  Makes one wonder about the quality of TP-Link as a company.  This could be one of those "You only get what you pay for" type of thing.  If you find any inexpensive TP-Link Broadband routers that will work with the Verizon UML295, please let me know.

LogMeIn is something we can't live without; we've been using it for years.  I have extended family in upstate NY (my wife's family) and south Florida (one of my daughters), as well as customers here in north Georgia, for whom I provide 1st echelon Tech Support, and without LogMeIn I'd not have been able to do that   Just one example of the versatility of it was when one of my customers in south Florida were vacationing in Italy, and had an employee working at their home on a desktop PC, and needed several files that were on my clients laptop in Italy.  Not dig this.  From my home in north Georgia I logged on to the desktop PC at their home with LogMeIn, then logged THAT computer into the laptop in Italy, and transferred the files from the laptop in Italy to the desktop in Ft. Lauderdale.

Very often, at night I log in to my daughter's computers in Ft Lauderdale and/or my mother-in-law in Syracuse, just to check them out and make sure all updates are posted and everything is as it should be.  It's really a great product.  I've tried others - e.g. TeamViewer and SplashTop), but none quite compare with LogMeIn.

HELP I'M TALKING AND I CAN'T SHUT UP!  But thank you for your ear (eye?).

0 Likes