Settling for Mediocrity
byrds8
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I moved to Verizon from AT&T it was because I had very poor signal where I lived. I couldn't really make calls nor texts too well in my area. When I made the switch it was like night and day and for almost four years I had the greatest signal and never had to worry if I could make a call or not. That all changed six months ago when I left the military and moved to Florida. In this are Verizon does not have the greatest signal. A lot of the times even outside I find myself getting only three bars of service. Now as you can imagine if you're only getting three outside its much less inside. There are times inside I barely have 1x of 3G depending on what building I am in. Before Verizon chimes in saying "We can't guarantee signal indoors," let me point out that if your signal is poor outside its automatically much worse inside. However, if your signal outside is great then the signal inside would be ok. Your signal though is not great outside, its poor. I have called and complained twice and twice they have "sent techs to the area" and both times said the area has a beautiful signal. Sadly this is just settling for mediocrity. If you're calling three bars of signal at -80ish to -90ish beautiful then you seriously need to re-evaluate your standards. I would never call something in the middle beautiful and great. It really is mediocre at best. This coming from a company that has prided itself on being the best. Wonder how this say "beautiful" signal will hold up when the switch to totally making calls over LTE happens. It wont. It will fail miserably because no one will have signal indoors. But hey its great for right now right. AT&T here however does have beautiful signal. In my house my mother-in-law gets a great -67dbm where I am getting -95dmb to -102dbm. No, I haven't dropped calls because 1x does penetrate better. Have I had slow data, absolutely. Have I had no data, yep. All indoors around town I sure have. But this is ok for Verizon. According to their techs this area is great. Well, sorry its not by my standards for what I pay for nor what I have come to expect from Verizon. My contract will eventually end. When it does Ill have to say goodbye. At the end of the day its nothing personal, just business. I for one will give my money to the company that will ensure the area I live in has the quality signal I deserve. That we all deserve. We pay lots of money for this service as we as customers deserve the very best for it. Long rant I know but hey maybe if the right people at Verizon happen to see it they will do something about it. Have a wonderful day all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Settling for Mediocrity
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Byrds6,

Having reliable service is definitely important and I want you to have the best service available in your area.

What's your zip code and phone model so I can check the coverage? Verizon Wireless radio frequency engineers and system performance engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage. Based on their analyses and recommendations cell site construction or other improvements are then planned and budgeted accordingly.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Settling for Mediocrity
byrds8
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my home currently there is a Note 4, Note 3 and a GS6. They all respond the same way. Techs have been sent out by Verizon and all say the LTE signal is "good." My whole point behind this is its really not good from Navarre, FL all the way to Ft Walton Beach, FL. The signal is pretty much the same across the board. You have some areas where you get up to 4 bars but most are 3 or less. At 3 bars you are getting -90ish and worse dbm. This is mediocre at best from a company the says "we have the most and best coverage." Its not my devices. I am 1/4 mi away from the nearest tower in my home and inside I am getting -99dmb as I type. This is sad.

0 Likes