Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Shareable Data Plans, would be nice
VL600_Boston
Novice

Some users are asking why certain devices have unlimited data features (on a single device) while others are paying roughly $10 per GB of monthly data.   

Here's my proposal:    All data device users should be treated equally.  (HTC Thunderbolt users may need some temporary perks - like extra batteries :smileyhappy:  ).    Data is data  -  we should pay for amount and speed of data delivery.   Since PCs with modems or MiFi's , or  3G/4G smartphones with wi-fi  are converging in their functions ,    I believe it would be easier if someone with a tetherable device (smartphone, PC, netbook, etc)  could share his data bucket with other devices.

Clearly,   sharing "unlimited" is not a feasible biz option for Verizon.  It's got to be a fixed amount of data.   I think the lowest tier should be just $10 for 1GB of monthly data (and $10 per add'l 1GB)  - shareable across any number of devices.    The technical issues are not that great. -  not much different than  "family plans" with shareable minutes, etc.   

I would not call them "family data plans".     I have a feature phone, a 3G smartphone,  a small biz notebook (not a netbook) , and a desktop.    So,  let's come up with a nice name for this kind of  "fair data" plan.    If this kind of thing was available,  I may even consider a 4G smartphone one of these days.  For now,  I'm sticking with my 4G USB modem with free PC software based tethering.  

Comments, and other proposals, welcome

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Shareable Data Plans, would be nice
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You may want to do a search of the Communty for this. The subject has been discussed greatly in the past. VZW tested just what you want late last year/early this year. The opportunity to get in has passed. But VZW I am sure is seeing how it hots the financials and maybe, just maybe it will be opened to the masses.

0 Likes