Should I switch
jim918

I have a 3g modem now alltel unlimited. Stays connected no problems speed is around 1.5. I can upgrade to 4g but i have heard so stories about unreliable connections and slow speeds at times . Is it worth it to change or do i wait . i am in las vegas ,nv.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Should I switch
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

4G is available in Las Vegas, NV. The price plans are here. Our 4G device are great and very fast. Verizon also has a 14 day worryfree guarantee if you have any issues. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

4G is available in Las Vegas, NV. The price plans are here. Our 4G device are great and very fast. Verizon also has a 14 day worryfree guarantee if you have any issues. 

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 4G is hit and miss, honestly I don't know if the 14 days is enough.  I occasionally get a few decent weeks out of it, but then it goes flaky and trust me 2 days of flaky totally offsets 2 weeks of decent working as you will end up constantly messing with it to maintain a connection. 

That said the prices are the same between plans so maybe taking the plunge knowing you may be locking your device to 3G to actually maintain connection is not a big deal.  The other issue though is their current devices seem very flaky right now also, so personally I would advise waiting a bit longer or going with some other 4G carrier. 

0 Likes
BiffsBiz
Enthusiast - Level 3
Don't pay extra for a 4G device. They are not stable in 4G or 3G. I am an early adopter and purchased 3 different new Verizon 4G devices. None of them work properly in either 4G or 3G. The Verizon store's "experts" say they've never heard of the problems that have been widely reported about these devices. Verizon 4G LTE is a hoax.
0 Likes