Slow 4G LTE in Nashville
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in Nashville, which has pretty good 4G coverage, but am getting terrible download speeds of .59Mbps or less during business hours.  Around 5:30, the speeds will creep up and by 6:30, they're pretty fast (last test was 5.99Mbps).  The increased speed at night does me no good, as I use my wireless connection when I get home.  Verizon C/S worked with me a few weeks ago and determined it was my phone, and sent a replacement, but I've seen no improvement with the new unit.  Very frustrating to pay such a premium for the data plan, when it's virtually unusable during the day.....so much so, that often, Speedtest.net cannot finish testing upload speeds due to poor speed.  I almost always show 4 bars, so I'm at a loss at how this can be happening.

Labels (1)
Re: Slow 4G LTE in Nashville
B33
Legend

Have you checked to see if the Data is Down in your Area) Verizon could be working on the system or the Local Land line Company that provides the Data working in your particular Area) I'd Call customer service and have them Check the Area and while on the phone with them it might not be a bad Idea to have them Check your PRL =  Preferred Roaming List if you need it updated it can updated by C.S. you'll need to shut your Device off them Turn it back on to help push the new updated List..

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks B33, but we tried all that before. This is not an intermittent

problem, it's every day from about 8-5.... right now I'm getting 7.93Mbps.

B33
Legend

Okie Doke your Welcome as long as it's flowing good it's all Good b

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, just wish it would flow from 8-5, when I really need it. It's 10:00am here in Nashville, and I'm pulling .93Mbps....not quite the 4G that I'm paying for.

B33
Legend

Holly Dolly Maybe there sending it all to Dolly Wood LoL just a little kidden there but that is No fun not getting any more than that..

0 Likes
NashvilleVerizonUser
Enthusiast - Level 2

He's right, 4g in Nashville is a hit or miss right now. I'm in the urban core and once it hits 5pm speeds go to the garbage can....

It's funny because when I'm going to work certain towers I can hit between 30-50mbps on... but none of them are downtown. We're overextended, hopefully aws will be rolled out soon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi erather,

Let's get to the bottom of this speed issue! Given the hours outlined in your post, it may be related to network congestion. You mentioned that you talked to our tech support; did we submit a resolution ticket for your area? If so, please provide the NRB number provided. Also, what's your phone model? Try reprogramming by removing your SIM card for a minute and then reinsert and test.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
erather
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Antonio.

Yes, there was a resolution ticket submitted for the Nashville area, but I didn't keep the number.  The rep told me it was determined to be a hardware issue, so a new phone was sent (Galaxy Note 2), but the slow 4G issue remains. I've also tried , on both phones, resetting the sim card, but that has also not helped. Could it be a bad sim card? It's the same one from my old phone.

bbeaird
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iphone 5 and have been experiencing horrible LTE speeds in downtown Nashville for the last couple weeks. It's so bad during the day, that I just turn off LTE altogether since 3G is better than nothing. As soon as I get out of the city or if I switch over to wireless, speeds are fine.