Slow 4G LTE speeds
Johngpalmbay

I am experiencing extremely slow LTE speeds in my area. This has been an issue for ~3 years with no improvement. See screenshot results. This is for zip code 32905 in Palm Bay FL

Screenshot_20201013-163336~2.png

0 Likes
Re: Slow 4G LTE speeds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best experience with our service. I'm eager to help with this. Let's gather some information, since I'm not showing any reported issues in Palm Bay right now. Tell me, what are your speeds if you step outside and do the speed test again? How are your voice calls and text messaging services working for you in this location? Please share some additional details for me, thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Johngpalmbay

Screenshot_20201015-185900.png

Hello,

If I step outside and run the test, the results are marginally better. I can upload if you want. Nothing drastic by any means. 

According to Cellmapper I am connected to tower 145191 near the interstate. According to the coverage maps, we are on the very edge of tower coverage.

Let me know what else I can provide. Not that this is not specific to my phone. This happens to everyone who comes to our house who has verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. From what you mentioned, the problems with service occur inside of your home? Do you have a metal roof, or is your house made of material that may impact service? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Johngpalmbay

Hello,

No, the problems with service occur inside and outside the house. We don't have a metal roof, but we do have a concrete block home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do appreciate you clarifying. We are unable to guarantee service indoors especially if you have a concrete block home. This can cause service issues indoors. Is anyone else having issues outdoors? Is it only your data that is impacted?  AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Johngpalmbay

Hello,

Like I mentioned before, the issues occur indoors and outdoors. 

Yes, another person in this household experiences the same issues as I regardless of being indoors or outdoors. They are on the same plan as I. Anytime someone with Verizon comes to my house, they experience the same issues I am reporting whether they are indoors or outside. 

There is a general issue with Verizon coverage and signal quality in our neighborhood and general area. Once you move outside our neighborhood, the coverage and speeds are improved. I believe you should be investigating your towers and coverage maps in the area rather than whether or not I experience the issues inside or outside.

0 Likes
Johngpalmbay

Hi,

Just seeing if there is any update on this issue? Speeds are still miserable and borderline unusable in this location. 

0 Likes