Slow Data Service
CM74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Data service in Grants Pass Oregon is unusable: long delays to connect and slow data transfer. Over the hill in Merlin, performance is much better. Something needs to be upgraded or reconfigured. Used to be very high data rate all over the region - this was the reason I switched from Sprint.

Re: Slow Data Service
jeremymc8000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Right. LTE speeds are like 56k dial-up AT BEST in downtown Grants Pass and much of the same over on the Parkway around Walmart and Freddy's. Completely unusable and absolutely ridiculous. Signal strength is good there so maybe there's just not enough bandwidth at the tower idk. Sure hope they fix it but it's been a problem for years now so sadly I wouldn't count on it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand the importance of have fast and reliable service. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist you. When did this issue start? Any problems with calling or texting? - VZW_ChristianP

jeremymc8000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not the OP here but I'll share my experience at least. The problem has existed for me as long as I've been a Verizon customer (Signed up around Fall 2019). Talked to several other Verizon customers i know, all seem to have the same complaint. As for calling and texting I haven't seen an issue with those. Just data (And no, I didn't hit my data cap, don't think I've ever hit my data cap. It's a constant, ongoing issue). 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jeremymc8000, we always want to make sure that you receive the best available service in your area. Please tell us, what is your zip code? Do data speeds improve in certain areas? What signal (5G, LTE, 1x, No Service) do you see on your phone when this happens?

LauraF_VZW