Slow Data Speed Redmond and Renton WA
danfosmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Speed in Redmond Washington and Renton are looming pretty bad.

I had swapped from ATT to verizon and have noticed terrible speeds both indoor and outdoor at work. Additionally slow speed at home indoor and outdoor.

I have an unlimited plan and am not at the throttle cap yet. It is painfully slow to even download a 1Mb photo. It seems like upload is barely able to get anything.

My phone is a new samsung GalaxyS10+. Data saver is off.

Here is my current speed in Redmond. Zip 98052.

Screenshot_20191106-175021_Speedtest.jpg

These results mirror what I additionally have at home in Renton WA. Zipcode 98057.

Is there anything that can be done about this? With ATT I was at least getting 20Mbps on my old iPhone 5s, and that was on a cheaper plan. This is near unusable.

0 Likes
Re: Slow Data Speed Redmond and Renton WA
danfosmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the test results from my home in Renton. Zipcode 98057.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5458396286

Is there an application to report slow service for verizon or GPS pin areas where there is issues?

0 Likes
SLYFIELJ

I live in Renton as well (98059 Renton highlands).  While I have no issues at home I do know the area north of the library on the cedar river has some issues, not sure why. I ride the bus so I know there are certain trouble spots. I wish there was an app to report service issues. 

0 Likes
danfosmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's another sample of problem data in redmond. 98052 https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5460411937

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello danfosmire, we know how inconvenient a slow data connection can be, and we'd love to help. We don't see any outages in the area. When did the problem start? How are your other services working (calls, texts)?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes
danfosmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem has been happening since day one of my service in the described areas. My partners phone is also affected by it. Calls and texts get through.

As previously shown in the speed tests it seems like the upload rate it bad in the area.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Move, or change carriers 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have with your service. What we suggest you to do is to run a Device Health Check, please look for results showing an exclamation mark, tap to expand and view recommendations, keep us posted.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

0 Likes
anas2204

I'm facing the same degraded speed (less than 5 Mbps) in Redmond consistently.

0 Likes