Re: Slow Data Speeds 51111
Hegjay

I tried calling the support line and I waited on hold for over an hour before I hung up. 

Below are the troubleshooting steps I've taken on my own:

Reset network settings

Removed and reinserted sim card

Restarted phone several times

Tested a coworkers phone, who also uses Verizon and has a similar phone. His download speed was around 3Mbps.

The only thing that was done prior to this problem was switching data plans, as stated in my first post.

This is extremely frustrating. I pay $300 plus per month for 3 phones and I just want to get the data speeds I've paid for.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

I've never waited more than 30 mins to get Tier 2 tech support!  Try calling 611 again and tell the person to stay on the line with you until you get connected to Tier 2 tech support.   They are able to do that... - - Let them know that the "last time" you waited an hour and gave up! - - I know it "should not be this difficult" to get help from Verizon to solve your problem.  - - Years ago, Verizon used to be the BEST.   Unfortunately now, sometimes, they are the WORST! - - Good luck getting someone at Tier 2 Level to help you. 

Btw, it would be best to call them from your work location so they can actually see "real time" what's going on with your connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hegjay, we certainly want to get to the bottom of this. Is this a recent issue for you? TerranceT_VZW

0 Likes
Hegjay

Yes, this is a recent issue.  It started around October 16th (when I changed plans) and is still going on today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can take a look, please send a Private Note. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hegjay, we hear you loud and clear. We're so sorry to hear that you've waited on hold for so long, and we definitely want to make sure that you get your money's worth. We'll be sending a Private Note to better assist with the slow data speeds you've been having issues with. 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, Jay. We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've followed so far. Could you please confirm the address of the affected area?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Hegjay

The address of the problem area is as follows:

3101 US Hwy 377 West

Sioux City, IA. 51111

0 Likes