Slow LTE Speed
jchofmann1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched my wireless service from AT&T to Verizon.  With AT&T I consistently received 20+Mbps DOWN / 15 Mbps UP.  Now with Verizon and 2 bars its 3 Mbps DOWN / 1.5 Mbps UP.  I tried late last night and early this morning.  Same issue.  I tried it on my son's phone who is on the same plan.  Same issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow LTE Speed
corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

What plan are you on/how much data have you used?

0 Likes
jchofmann1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just converted my family to the GO UNLIMITED plan from a plan that gave us shared 6 GB of data.  Not sure what the speeds were prior to changing plans.  I was on AT&T so I did not monitor phones we had on Verizon.  Now that I dropped AT&T and went to Verizon, I noticed slow speeds and checked using speedtest app. 

corigurl
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is probably the GO Unlimited plan that is making your speeds so slow....that particular plan does not guarantee fast speeds....if there is any network congestion at all this plan will deprioritize you behind other customers...this is the only plan that does not guarantee your fast 4G speeds...

On the beyond unlimited plan, you have gauaranteed fast speeds until at least 22GB per phone...and only after that 22GB would you potentially be throttled.

0 Likes
jchofmann1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Moved to BEYOND UNLIMITED yesterday.  Reset network settings on my phone this morning and still very slow speeds. 

Speedriff

VZW‘s speed is spotty at best. Will have to change carriers if this keeps up. Data is basically unusable for anything more than texts. 200kb/s is not a usable data network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Speedriff ,

We obviously wouldn't want to see you go, but let's not give up so soon. Typical 4G LTE speeds would be 5-12Mbps download, 2-5Mbps upload, so something is definitely going on with your speeds. Do you get these slower results in certain areas, or all over? Device make/model? Just like others in this thread have mentioned, Go Unlimited may have times where you get a slower data connection under certain conditions, but it is not permanent.

@jchofmann1 ,

Resetting network settings is a great step in most situations, but let's get more details on this. Are you over 22GB in your current billing period? This can be confirmed when you are viewing your data usage in My Verizon. If under 22GB on your line, what speeds are you currently getting? Does this happen in all places, or just certain areas?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

No, it isn't usable at all. They must be having problems with the configuration of their towers for you to be on "Beyond Unlimited" and be experiencing that speed. EVEN if you went over 22GB, 200Kbps is not usable.

So there's proof, you can't get all the data you expect, nor deserve.

0 Likes
Speedriff

I’m not on an unlimited plan. I get these speeds at the airport in Atlanta,

where I work. If I was the only one getting these speeds, I would reset my

carrier settings. The LTE speed is useless. I called and they opened a

ticket and I got a response, which was a video telling me to use WiFi

calling or a WiFi extender. [removed] I’m in a parking lot trying to use LTE

data! That is the problem as expressed in my 200 kB/s complaint. Typical

though as nobody at VZW seems to have a clue. THAT is why I will be

changing over to ATT or TMobile as soon as possible.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Speedriff, the last thing we ever want to see happen is you leaving Team VZW. We’re here to help take a closer look at this. Regarding the service experience you are having, is this experienced in the airport parking lot you use, or is it mostly in certain areas of the airport itself?

There are many reasons why cellular services can be affected through out the airport. We can also look into helping optimize your device as well, as there may be settings that can help your phone connect to a potentially closer tower if one is available. What is the make and model of the phone you are using?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes