Slow LTE at specific location
Cfolsom89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve looked around and sort of found this issue but couldn’t find a solution. My work phone is Verizon and speed was always consistent at home whereas sprint would bounce around. I decided to switch, the first few days everything was great at home then it slowed down. Currently at around .5 meg. When I’m at work or anywhere else that I’ve checked the speed jumps up drastically. I’ve checked all the settings in the phone. I’ve switched between an iPhone 7 and an iPhone X the with no change. All the while my work cell phone has had consistent signal and speed and it’s an iPhone 7 as well. Hopefully someone knows how to fix the issue, I don’t want to switch but it looks like I may have to.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Slow LTE at specific location
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cfolsom89, we know the importance of ensuring you have a strong consistent signal. It sounds like you've taken quite a few good steps to narrow down the issue. While we are unable to guarantee service indoors, we want to be sure your service is at its best. It's definitely possible for your work phone to have a stronger connection than your personal phone. The connection speeds can vary based on the business account and personal account plans as well as the amount of data used within the billing cycle. Which service plan do you have with us on your personal line?   TanishaS_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cfolsom89, we know the importance of ensuring you have a strong consistent signal. It sounds like you've taken quite a few good steps to narrow down the issue. While we are unable to guarantee service indoors, we want to be sure your service is at its best. It's definitely possible for your work phone to have a stronger connection than your personal phone. The connection speeds can vary based on the business account and personal account plans as well as the amount of data used within the billing cycle. Which service plan do you have with us on your personal line?   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Cfolsom89
Enthusiast - Level 1

So for anyone out there curious you might as well upgrade your plan if your having this issue. The base plans state that service can be slowed down at any time regardless of data usage. I will be eventually switching either back to Sprint (unfortunately) or looking at going over to AT&T. And, also, if you get an e-gift to switch don’t expect much. I can’t use it to purchase accessories online like they incorrectly state. I can pay my bill but that’s about it. So that means if you owe money to your previous carrier and you’re expecting to use an e-gift card to pay your carrier, you can’t.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cf01som89, 

We would never want you to leave our wireless family. We want you to have the best plan for your needs. We do work hard to match our competitors. Are you having trouble with your data speeds? 

JenelleR_VZW

MXM3904
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, if you don't want to lose customers provide the service that we are paying for! You cannot compete with your competitors at this time. Other providers 3G and even their 2G is faster than I can get with 4-5 bars of Verizon 4g LTE. 

Lightning20

My current plan is Play More Unlimited 5G UW and I have used less than 3gb of data  I have an iPhone 11. When I’m at 31036 zip code, the data speeds are very slow, inside or outside. This has been happening for the last few months. The network used to be very fast, more than 10mbs. Now, if I want to browse the internet, I have to change my phone settings from LTE to 3G. 

LTE speed is 2.55 down and .32 up. During the test, the up speed stayed around .15 until the end. 

3G speed is .41 down and .50 up. 

There was two other Verizon users with me, one with an iPhone 6 and one with an iPhone XR, both had similar results.

is it possible there is a problem with a nearby tower?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like you've already done a bit of research on this issue, Lightning20. These are some of the same self troubleshooting steps I would have performed myself. Based on the information you have provided, it would lead me towards looking at the network. So that I can take a closer look at the specific area within that zip code, can you please share with me the nearest cross streets? How far away from this area must you travel before your service improves? What, if any, trouble have you had with calls or text messages in this area? - JosephB_VZW

0 Likes
Stevenfla
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like other posts I’m tired of paying Verizon top dollar for slow speeds. I live in Florida and travel state wide weekly and rarely get more than 2 bars, We’re the third most populous state and expect better that this. I’ve read similar complaints from others and they ask “what can I do?”  The real question is what can and will Verizon do.m? If I can only get 2 bars I may as well “downgrade” to one of those $20 mo carriers.  Response? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there, Steven. Thank you for reaching out to us here. We are definitely going to want to look at that and troubleshoot with you if you have a moment. Please, do us the kindness of sending us a Private Note.

*Faith

0 Likes