Slow LTE in east bay
fremont38
Enthusiast - Level 2

The lte coverage in Fremont, CA (94538) seems to be very bad both indoors and outdoors. I barely get more than 2 bars. And calls get dropped very frequently. The LTE speeds seems to be very low only getting 2-3 mbps download and 0.5 - 1 mbps upload. Is there anyway this can be fixed. I tired moving around my home area around 5 miles radius and pretty much everywhere i go the LTE signal is week. I have an iPhone 6 Plus

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow LTE in east bay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your phone and service are working well is key! Sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing, fremont38. Let's try a few things see if we can help boost things up a bit. If you go to Settings>Cellular>Roaming>Data & Voice - Any difference if these are set to on?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fremont38
Enthusiast - Level 2

No luck. I get same signal strength as before. also tried resetting the network settings that was suggested in another forum post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying these steps, fremont38! We would love to get to the bottom of this. We may need to file a network ticket but first need additional information.

I will send you a private message. Please reply at your earliest convenience so that I can better assist.

Thank you!

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fremont38
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have replied to your private message. just want to point out i contacted the customer service before and they also filed a network ticket last month and there was no resolution so far on that one. I hope this gets resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Perfect! I will look for it now.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fremont38
Enthusiast - Level 2

so just to update. I was told my coverage is marginal and offered a discount on getting a network extender and after that no response back from customer service to my queries. Anyway if you are planning to get verizon in east bay area i would highly recommend doing a test drive before committing to 2 years contract now i am stuck with bad coverage for another 20 months 😞

0 Likes