Re: Slow LTE speeds in NYC - 7th Ave / 37th St
thefloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Throwing another log on this fire. I was a former Cingular customer who watched the AT&T network crash and burn in NYC after the release of the iPhone 3G. After a couple of *years* of waiting for them to fix things, I gave up and paid the out-of-contract fee (I was silly enough to have purchased the iPhone 4 only a couple of months prior) and bring my business to Verizon.

I am now at my wit's end, I work in Midtown and my phone is my lifeline to the outside world. Current Verizon Android handsets won't even let you force the phone over to 3G, leaving me stuck on useless LTE service all day long. This is indoors, outdoors, underground, above ground, and just about anywhere on the island of Manhattan.

Worse yet - where I frequently vacation (which only has VZ and AT&T coverage, which is more/less the whole reason I've stayed with VZ) gets oversubscribed during popular times and it, too, has useless service. (It's still a 3G only market, too).

I'm prepared to take my 3 lines of service to t-mobile. At least I know what I'm getting into - yes, they have less coverage, but where they do have coverage it works - and where they don't have coverage you can call and text over wifi. Yes - CALL AND TEXT!

The pure irony is that my work-provided AT&T blackberry performs decently. I can sustain several hundred kilobits/sec now in Midtown on AT&T's HSPA+ network. Kinda wish I never paid to leave..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thefloyd, we're not prepared for you to leave us. We want you to stay in our wireless family. You described your issues to be happening in several areas. This could potentially be a device issue which leads us to believe that there may be as software issue on your device. In situations like this, we recommend that you master reset your phone http://bit.ly/y5iuoj If the issue still persists, then we can provide you with alternative phone replacement options. Is there any physical or liquid damage on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thefloyd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, as I described in another thread ("4G not that fast / slow service in New York City") this has affected several devices I've owned and it only happens in New York City (look at zipcode 10019). This doesn't happen when I go home at night, and it has affected all of the following devices in the past few months:

(current) Droid MAXX

Droid RAZR MAXX HD

Samsung Galaxy S3

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

This also affected my mifi, before I suspended the line of service.

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

for the past week all i get in midtown is 1X. THIS IS SOME BULL CR4P. TMOBILE NOTE 3 HERE I COME!!

VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can't seriously tell any of us that you've read this whole thread, if you are asking questions like those...What kind of customer support is this? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Intocable,

Let's speed things up a notch! What's your ZIP code and phone model? We'll check the area provide troubleshooting options to resolve.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Hi Intocable,

Let's speed things up a notch! What's your ZIP code and phone model? We'll check the area provide troubleshooting options to resolve.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

zip code 10001

GALAXY S 3

no troubleshooting will be able to resolve this. the area is over saturated.  LTE IN MANHATTAN IS NON EXISTENT AND MY PHONE KEEP SWITCHING BETWEEN 3G AND 1X ALL THE TIME.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, Intocable! I was unable to locate any issues in the area. How does it work in other areas or outside? Has the sim card ever been replaced? Share the additional details so that I can better assist.

Thank you.

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
Prizm
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is ridiculous. How can you not know Manhattan NYC is absolutely abysmal for LTE connection.  Building penetration is even worse. Invariably you get nothing.  Zip. No signal at all.

Most reliable network, my foot.  Your service here is a complete rip off.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Prizm!

Let's look into this a bit further for you! Has a trouble ticket been completed? If so,do you have the ticket number? This area is heavily populated with 4G towers, but it seems there is an issue because of the amount of users. In addition, indoor use is a challenge. Please let me know if you have a ticket for this issue. I'm happy to look into it further!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes