Re: Slow LTE speeds in NYC - 7th Ave / 37th St
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am experiencing the same issues in both midtown and downtown Manhattan and Verizon support has not helped me to resolve these issues.  I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, and at one point a Verizon representative reset my carrier settings from their end but this only helped momentarily, and now i'm back to failing MMS, the inability to open web pages or use apps which depend on an internet connection, etc.  On Friday I did a speed test and the result was 14kbps down.  That is entirely unacceptable for the monthly fee I am paying ($90 after employer discount) and my contract is in effect for another year.  I refuse to put up with this kind of service any longer, and I also refuse to pay an ETF because my Verizon service went down the toilet through no fault of my own.  Until a few months ago, I had very few service interruptions; now my wireless experience has become one huge service interruption.  I see 1x on my phone daily, and that's not what I'm paying for.  More frustrating still is reviewing this thread and finding that so many users are experiencing the same problems, yet Verizon representatives would rather blame our non-faulty devices than acknowledge their service issues.  At this point, I want to get rid of Verizon since this issue is clearly not being resolved in a timely fashion, and I will go through whatever channels necessary to ensure that I am not subject to the ETF.  My position is that Verizon is violating their end of the agreement by failing to provide adequate and reliable service.

Nitspatel
Contributor - Level 1

Damn... I thought I was the only one bogged down from the VZW customer support.

Here is my post tracking for two months for bad LTE service, recently they submitted the trouble ticket. Btw this is for DC metro area !

We need to keep flowing the information.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/806838

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dairycallou, I apologize for the service issues that you are having! We certainly don't want you to go! How long has this been a problem? Can you please describe all of the troubleshooting steps that you've taken? What device are you using? Have we filed a resolution ticket for you? Please give more details. We want to help.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been a problem for several months now.  For a long time, I thought Verizon was the most reliable carrier, especially after switching from AT&T, but now I'm back to the same problems I had with AT&T!  Every webpage and every web-based app takes forever to establish a connection, if at all, and my text messages and MMS are consistently failing.  I just can't continue paying so much money per month when I can't even use my phone in the manner of its intended use.  In terms of the phone service, I use my phone for calls very infrequently, however I did have a call drop on me last week while I was on a long hold with customer service, which was highly inconvenient.  To my knowledge, no ticket has been submitted thusfar with respect to my issues, since the last time I called Verizon support the agent was able to reboot my carrier settings from her end and my ability to connection to the network appeared fixed at the time but resorted to being troublesome very shortly thereafter.  I would appreciate if you could escalate this issue because, at this point, my inclination is to go with another carrier and fight the ETF since I cannot be held responsible for VZ's failure to provide the service I am paying for.

Also, to answer your questions regarding my troubleshooting steps, as I mentioned I have contacted VZ support to resolve any issues with my carrier settings, I have tried rebooting my phone when the issues occur, I have tried reinstalling my phone's OS to ensure that was not the problem, etc.  Nothing has improved matters.

0 Likes
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still awaiting your reply.  For reference, I am using an iPhone 5.  Below are some examples of what I am dealing with on a daily basis.

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

photo 3.PNG

photo 4.PNG

0 Likes
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is my latest speed test.  Note that it was taken from a completely different location in Manhattan than the speed test results I posted a short time ago.  I need a response regarding this issue ASAP because I am not paying $90+ per month for unusable service.

photo.PNG

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dairycallou, thanks for the details. What is your zip code? Have you ever had the device replaced? Please share.

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

My home zip code is 10003.  My work zip code, where service is at its worst, is 10020.  I have also noted serious connectivity issues in zip codes 10017 and 10022, so the issue does not seem to be limited to one zip code.  I had my phone replaced a couple months ago due to a hardware issue affecting the camera and have seen no improvement with respect to these service issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dairycallou,

Thanks for the additional information! I can only imagine how frustrating having these slow speeds must be for you.

I researched the area and found that we have recently filed a resolution ticket for that area with our engineers. This is a very highly used area which may be affecting the the capacity and speeds. Especially during business hours. We are working diligently to improve service, but no estimated time frame at this time. I appreciate your patience.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dairycallou
Enthusiast - Level 3

After several months of this, I am no longer patient in waiting for you to resolve these issues.  Please advise how I may contact a VZ supervisor who may assist in releasing me from my contract.  I refuse to continue paying you for service that is entirely unusable.

0 Likes