Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you switch to the lower priced GoUnlimited or the higher priced BeyondUnlimited? If it was the lower priced plan, that may be the reason you are experiencing the slow data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to stay with us for years to come Cliffart, welcome to our wireless family. We also want you to have the best possible wireless experience.

You indicate that you joined us with an unlimited data plan, and I would to clarify the depending on the plan you have your data may be subject to network management at all times.

If you have the Go Unlimited plan, network management can be implemented during times of cell site (tower) congestion, and data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. This is normal with your Go Unlimited plan (please confirm on number 1 at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/).

If you have the Go Unlimited and you change to the Beyond Unlimited plan, data will be subject to network management until 22GB of fast LTE data have been used (please confirm on number 1 at this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/ ).

If you have the Go Unlimited plan you can change your plan online to the Beyond Unlimited if you login to your Verizon account on your computer, on the Verizon Mobile application on your phone.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Florida6100
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like I said before on a lot of these threads. I had the beyond unlimited plan and they were slowing my speeds down to below that of dial up connections. no matter what plan you get Verizon is being extremely dish with us. Until they fix thier net, the beyond unlimited is the same as go unlimite. Believe me I had the beyond unlimited and it was very slow and I was no where near the 22 GB mark.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I also have the BeyondUnlimited plan, nowhere near 22 GB of usage on my line and my speeds are quite speedy. The speed test I just took had a data speed of 20 Mbps and I have NEVER had a problem streaming music or video during the time I have had this plan.Smiley Happy

K12IMSON
Enthusiast - Level 2

My data has been slowed to 9 kb. I have consistent speed tests showing the only time data is anything near LTE is between the hours of 2 am -7 am (40mbs Download). The rest of the time it is non existent.  Verizon staff has told me that they Have nothing they can do to help As i am in a high congestion area.  I live in one of the most desolate regions in America, the Oregon outback.  There are people here who don’t even have computers, let alone a verizon phone capable of LTE. I’d like an official response from Verizon as I have recorded responses telling me getting 0, zero, data is normal on they limited plan.  I have been recording the speed test results for the past week and our speeds are purposely slowed to snail speeds during the day time.  Verizon only provides fast data speeds, consistent with their advertising, during hours when people are generally asleep.  We are being duped to pay for non existent service. If this continues, I will switch to US cellular which has consistently better reviews in my area.

Florida6100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been able to confirm with Verizon contractors at the tower sites that Verizon has begun updating the cell sites in my area and the entire southeastern US to be able to handle the unlimited data traffic on the network. Verizon and other carriers were not ready for the switch to unlimited and now they are trying to get their cell sites updated with the nessesry harware to handle all this data. That's why in some areas the data traffic was very slow because some of thier cell sites where not designed to work with the huge data amounts that unlimited plans bring. If you ready my other comments I say that my problem isn't everywhere, but it's in selected areas. My data speeds in my area have been fixed and it looks as if they should have all of their sites updated very soon.

OCTMAC98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was just told by customer service that the unlimited data plan will be prone to slow internet and its basically something I'll have to get  used to unless I upgrade to the beyond plan. 

My internet speeds are terrible now. 

Svetik
Enthusiast - Level 1

You guys are just disappointing me on every level starting from customer service to you network speed I have been with you 10 years  . I have to wait 15-20 min to download load a small  app 30 to 40 mb I spent a week phone with you lost about 6 working hrs explaining my self to ever rep I got transferred to then lie to  Accused of theft could not believe how I was treated  . 

I feel we will never see the service we all once love ... 😞 

0 Likes