Slow tower report
SlowMike
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work on Edwards AFB, CA. I recently moved to a more populated area of the base and my data rate has suffered. Signal is usually about 4 bars(-89dBm). Most speed tests are under 500kbps. Many times of day the data rate slows to unusable, speed tests timeout. Most other verizon customers in the area seem to have similar issues. Voice and text seem to be unaffected. Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
Re: Slow tower report
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SlowMike, thank you for working at the AFB, we want to make sure you have the best service possible. We will look into this for you. What is your zip code?

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SlowMike
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip is 93524.

0 Likes
SlowMike
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also I ran a few more speed tests and they are closer to 100kbps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that zip code SlowMike. In review of that zip code, I do show the serving cell sites are at capacity due to the limited spectrum we're allowed to allocate at that base. This does mean you'll experience a slowdown of data throughput when in that area. We are working to add additional spectrum capacity in that zip so long as it's approved. 

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes