Snail Slow LTE Zip 22503 Virginia-how to get a ticket really opened?
joesailor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like others here we used to have decent 4G LTE service in zip 22503 Virginia.   In last 2 years speeds at peak times are in the .5 MB/sec range. Appears Verizon has done no upgrades of backhaul to internet in our area.

The slowdown is independent of my devices, both Aircards and Iphones. We are paying full price and getting just a fraction of the service. Root Metrics maps show much better service both north and south of our area.

Has anyone found a way to actually get someone to look into this type of issue without blaming the customer for the issue?

Labels (1)
Re: Snail Slow LTE Zip 22503 Virginia-how to get a ticket really opened?
joesailor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just reran tests Sunday am around 6-8 am, downloads on exact same equipment now showing 5-10 MB/sec download.

Clearly, backhaul is overloaded at peak times -- I am sure Verizon has network monitoring and knows exactly how much the overload is -- why no action to fix????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slow speed isn't the name of our game, joesailor. Let's get it moving lightning fast. What time of day were these slow speeds noticed? Is anyone else in the area affected at these same times? When did it start?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
edge95
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have a Mifi that is old and cracked. We ordered a new one and it didn't work because we apparently need a Mifi that is both 4G and 3G because of the area we live in. Had to send the 4G Mifi back and go back to the old cracked verizon jetpack/Mifi. The Verizon store on broad street in Richmond said Verizon only has 4G mifis now. Has our area been updated to 4G only so that we can get a new Mifi before this one completely falls apart? Are there better providers in our area for internet? Our growing little neighborhood of 10 homes wants to know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edge95,

We want you to have a great connection with your MiFi jetpack. Let's look at your options. Our current Jetpack model 6620L connects to 4G and 3G service. Was this the same model that you received before? Take a look at our Certified preowned jetpack here http://vz.to/1KG3nCQ.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes