Sorry I switched to 4g Pantech 4g LTE Device
marzanoj

I am so sorry I ever switched over to 4G.  My 3g device was slow but at least I could access the internet.  I expected a lot more from Verizon. 

The problem is:

The 4g connects but is unable to access the internet.  Even when it does, it only lasts for a short time and then I'm going through the process of shutting down, restarting and detecting the device, reconnecting over and over again.  My guess is it works 30% of the time and I live in Los Angeles, I can only imagine what others in less populated area's are experiencing. 

Clearly this sytem is still in the beta phase and should not have been released to the public.  This is confirmed by the fact that every time I check for an update, one exists.   Your losing customer's here!

Is there something your (Verizon) not telling us?  I have called Customer service several times and all i get is that you are working on it.  When can we expect this system to work as designed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sorry I switched to 4g Pantech 4g LTE Device
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welcome to Verizon 4G, that has been going on since December, I have tried the LG and the Pantech (even with external Antenna) now am on the MIFI. If you troubleshoot it you will see they are losing their routing paths or something.  A ping still goes through, but if you slowly start increasing the data sent in the ping it will suddenly just stop finding it's way through.  I don't see it getting fixed anytime soon as they are still subscribiing people and once in you are stuck unless you want to bite the bullet and take the $175 hit.

I am in a spot this is my only choice for internet, the 4G is simply amazing when it works.  If they could fix their problems I would happily send in my payment each month, but now I am just praying for some other source to come to my area so I can dump these guys, term fee or not.

0 Likes
marzanoj

Thanks for the note.  Surprised more users haven't chimed in.  Yes your right, they sold me on a lower payment and faster service but failed to tell me it doesn't work most of the time.  Considering dropping all my verizon services and just paying the fees to get some satisfaction.  A simple, honest answer from Verizon would probably keep me around for awhile but ultimately I need internet access so at some point I'll have to just move on.   

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well to be fair Verizon is kind of stuck here.  If they admit there are real problems they will probably be forced to drop the term fee, or face a class action suit.  If they don't admit there are problems and just try to fix it and it takes a long time they will most likely be faced with class action suit and forced to refund quite a chunck of people last 6 months of fee's.  Either way they lost a ton of money, I would guess they are hoping they can fix the problem before either of those happens.  What bugs me is 6 months is a really long time to be working on a networking problem for a company that has been in the networking business for a decade...

0 Likes
VL600_Boston
Contributor - Level 1

You can force the device to stay in 3G at all times (search diagvzw).    How many bars are you getting in 4G?   Are you truly a mobile data user?   That is you travel frequently or need to access your office in your vehicle or at random locations (e.g. in Real Estate, field sales).    Also,  try changing your location a mile or so in your area and watch the signal levels change.  You may find the tower location that serves your area.     

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

marzanoj wrote:

Thanks for the note.  Surprised more users haven't chimed in.  ......

Uh.  we've been chiming in for over a year now.  You would have been well fore-warned about the problems if you'd checked earlier posts before committing to a contract.

0 Likes
marzanoj

I use the 4g on a train back and forth between home/work and at home.  i got rid of my PC a few years ago.  I usually only get 1-2 bars at best in most locations.  As I'm traveling I'll sometimes see 3 bars in and around Burbank but other than that the signal is pretty weak.  I've switched to the 3G full time in the past but the speed is not up to snuff.   I'll try and see if changing locations helps. Thanks the suggestion.

And as another obviously frustrated member pointed out I should have checked the forum before I committed to a contract.  Lesson learned. 

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

Unfortunately most of us only found this forum when we were looking for solutions to problems.  So now we're all stuck in the tar-pit.

0 Likes