Sudden Slow Data Speeds
dreadnought
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a One Plus 7 pro and my wife has an Iphone 11pro. We're on an unlimited plan and for the past week have been experiencing extremely slow 4g LTE speeds in the Maryland area. Is anyone else having this issue? Slow to the point of adding a GIF to a message and getting a loading wheel.

0 Likes
Re: Sudden Slow Data Speeds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We feel your need for speed! Let us help and tell us. Is the software up to date on both devices? Do you experience issues indoors or outdoors? Do you have problems with calling and texting?

~Maria

0 Likes
dreadnought
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's inside or outside. Both phones are up to date on firmware. Data signal strength can show full bars. No issues with standard texting or calling but data based messaging can sometimes hang-up. But not everything is slow all the time either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details. Does it appear to happen at the same time? Is there any consistency to the drops in service that could be identified? How far do you have to travel before services improve?

*Robert

0 Likes
jdnull
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello dreadnought,

My family and I moved into a new home back in mid-November. Exactly three weeks ago today, our service suddenly stopped.  No data, no phone, nothing.  We have to walk outside to make a call, and that is even spotty.  I have spent hours with tech support by phone/text, but have not been able to get any solution.  

My wife and I finally visited our local Verizon store this weekend, and tried to explain the situation, but again, no resolution.  The sales rep explained that Verizon is in the process of updating towers to accommodate 5G, but that Verizon is refusing to inform customers of where and when the updates are happening, and how they are affecting customers.  

Our neighbors directly across the street are Verizon subscribers, and they great service.  We asked the sales rep why our neighbors have excellent service, but we do not, and he informed us that only certain addresses on any given street are eligible for services (at least home internet).  As of now, we are having a land line installed in the house just to have reliable phone communication, but are completely without data.

dreadnought
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for the delay. I can't quite tell if there's any consistencies of when this occurs. The strange thing is that my data will show as full but when I go to perform certain things the app will just continue to spin loading or the web page or even my Instacart (today). So I can't even really tell if it's a "dead zone". I've attached a photo of my maps loading a regular page with my service bar full. It spun for a good 15 seconds. 

Screenshot_20220116-125821.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jdnull, 

We understand how important your service is to you. We want to find a solution. Let's get a few details. You mentioned this started with the move. Do you get service on your devices across the street? Do you have Wi-Fi in the new home as well as the landline?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, what is the zip code where you experience issues? When did this problem start?~Pam

0 Likes
dreadnought
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been 21157 and 20705. I travel through that corridor regularly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information and we'll do everything we can to get your service working correctly. Let's dig deeper.

Have there been any recent changes with your Device? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, recent SIM Card change, etc.) Are you experiencing service issues while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? 

Please reboot your phone while we're troubleshooting together. Thanks!-Robert C.

0 Likes