Suddenly getting only 3G service
amcleod
Enthusiast - Level 1

So i noticed this problem two days ago, I no longer get 4G service right now, only 3G. I live in a place where i have been recieving 4G service for a few months now since i got my new phone. Now, some background information, i was grandfathered in with unlimited data from my old HTC Incredible. I now have an LG Spectrum ❤️

However, two days ago when i stopped getting my 4G brilliance, i hit the 5GB data mark. This doesn't matter to me obviously because i have unlimited. Is there something wrong with my phone or is verizon throttling my data and being a whiney b!tch like usual. I made sure that in my mobile network settings, it is set to LTE/CDMA so that is not the problem.

Any Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Suddenly getting only 3G service
amcleod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved, took out the sim card and restarted the phone! works fine now!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
amcleod
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved, took out the sim card and restarted the phone! works fine now!

0 Likes
Mikeyishere
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same identical situation. Removing sim card did not help. Now I boot up on 4g but it will not connect to the internet. It starts to jump back and forth and eventually settles on 3g and will then hook up but VERY slow. 4G was nice while it lasted.

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually am having the same issue the last day or so. I live in an area that has full 4g service, but the last day and a half it jumps between 3g and 4g service but tends to settle on 3g since that connection (at least) is stable. I would think this is a network concern and will wait it out to see if this issue is an extended concern or not. If others are having this issue please respond so that at least I know i'm not crazy

0 Likes