TERRIBLE service in CHARLOTTE, NC area for the past few months!!!
sohuffman

My service in the Charlotte, NC area has been terrible as of late - At least for 3 months, if not more. Not only am I not able to use my phone in my office anymore (I can't even send an MMS without going near a window. Netflix or YouTube? Forget it.) I have had NUMEROUS dropped calls and calls that won't connect at various places in the city. (Uptown, SouthPark, and Steele Creek areas) and I normally have no more than 2-3 dots/bars on my phone. When the LTE is working, it is SLOW. The phone also switches regularly from 3G to LTE. I am not the only person having this issue as my partner has VZW and he is having the same issues. PLEASE ADVISE! I pay too much monthly to have these issues!! I know you guys don't guarantee service inside buildings, but the service SHOULD work while outside.Verizon Wireless Services

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: TERRIBLE service in CHARLOTTE, NC area for the past few months!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand Froboy733 and I appreicate all the troubleshooting steps you have done so far.  To file a trouble ticket with our network engineers, you may reach out to our Techincal Support Team at 1800-922-0204.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sohuffman-

I am terribly sorry to hear your service is not working as it should. As a consumer myself, I depend on my phone so I understand your concern. When did this issue started? did you change to another device before this issue? Does the phone have software up to date? Does the dropped calls happen when you call out or receive calls? Please provide us with the exact zip codes where it is happening.  Have you tried restarting the phone or removing the sim card? Please share the make/model of your phone to further assist.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
froboy733

I thought I'd weigh in on this thread since I'm having a very similar issue. sohuffman you're certainly not alone with these issues.

carment_vzw The issue for me is that I get HORRENDOUS data speeds. I have run numerous SpeedTests and between the hours of approximately 8:00am and 5:00pm the download speed NEVER exceeds .5Mbps until after 5:00pm. Once people leave the uptown area after work the speeds start to increase again (almost certainly a congestion issue). The horrendous data speeds do not change whether I am indoors or outdoors.

To answer some of your questions:

1. This issue has been occuring since at least January 2015.

2. I have had two separate phones an HTC Droid DNA and currently a Samsung Galaxy S6 (both phones have always been on the latest software versions) and the problem has persisted across both.

3. Dropped calls aren't the issue for me, just horrendous data speeds.

4. I have restarted the phone countless times and removed/replaced SIM card as well as doing resets and clearing the phones cache. Again, no change as this is not an issue with a users phone as it is network congestion in the area.

Thank you for your assistance with this carment_vzw.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back in the fast lane froboy733. Are you also in the Charlotte, NC area? If so, can you provide me with a zip code to look closely at the area. Did you recently make any changes to the device since January. Has there been any sort of construction in the area?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
froboy733

Hi @MichelleS_VZW,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. See below for answers to your questions:

1. My zip code is 28202.

2. In January I had a Droid DNA and in April I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S6. There were no changes to either device other than the upgrade in April.

3. There is early stage construction on a few new buildings, however, all of them are currently building the foundation. There are no new structures that could obstruct the service.

I will reiterate my earlier point. The speeds are terrible between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, however, after (in the exact same location) the speeds significantly improve. Therefore this has nothing to do with either a device issue or new buildings obstructing the network. This is entirely a capacity issue.

What is the point continuing to pay for "4G LTE" when it doesn't work during the hours I actually need it? (ATT Wireless users in my building get far superior data speeds ~4Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up).

0 Likes
Re: Re: TERRIBLE service in CHARLOTTE, NC area for the past few months!!!
froboy733

I have done additional research on the forums here and found this thread: 4G Speeds Slow in Charlotte NC

It indicates that users have been having the EXACT same issue with TERRIBLE download speeds since October 2013.

In the two years that this has been a known issue can you provide details about what Verizon has or is currently doing to fix this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details provideed froboy733. This will certainly help get to the bottom of your service concerns. I have looked into the area and do not show any known issues. Are issues only when you are indoors or do you still experience service issues even when outdoors during the 8am to 5pm hours. Have we ever filed a trouble ticket with our network engineers regarding your service?

Thank You,

0 Likes
froboy733

Hi @MichelleS_VZW,

The issue persists both indoors and outdoors. I have not submitted a ticket to your network engineers. Can you provide me a link or directions on how to submit a ticket to your engineering team?

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details froyboy733. Let's get to the bottom of your service concerns. Before we file a trouble ticket with our network engineers, we want to troubleshoot your device as much as possible to ensure it is not a device issue. Can you try, http://vz.to/1xCm7xu and test service. Please keep us updated.

Thank You,

0 Likes
Spike2k2

I have also had increasingly poor service from Verizon over the last several months.  My Droid Turbo is unusable (0-0.5 megs)during the day near Hangar rd at  Charlotte Airport.  In the middle of the night I get slow but better speeds (5-7 megs).  In Pigeon Forge, TN yesterday I was getting 35 megs, so I don't think it is the phone. I work at Charlotte Airport, and my coworkers are having the same results.  At home in My Holly NC the signal level and data speeds are horrible also, and were good a year ago.

0 Likes