Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Telematics LTD VH1000
inkhalaf22

Dear,

I have a telematics device inside my car from Verizon USA, I
used to use it in USA and its work on CDMA network.

I’ve chipped my car to Jordan, in unfortunately in Jordan
they don’t use CDMA,  just GSM.

Is it possible to change this device or modify it to be
compatible with SIM cards or how to have a walk around solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Telematics LTD VH1000
inkhalaf22

03. VH1000.jpgIMG_2048.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, inkhalaf22. There is not a way to change a device from CDMA to GSM. If the device is not compatible, then it will have to go a compatible network.

0 Likes
inkhalaf22

thank you for your reply, kindly can you direct me from where I can buy new Modem with SIM card from Version?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to reach out to the manufacturer, Telematics?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
inkhalaf22

Hello, yes I've tried to contact them (LG) but they informed me that I need to contact Verizon or KIA company, KIA company told me that I need to contact Verizon or LG, so Verizon has a development departments for this devices and the best option to buy a new modem from Verizon or to modify the current modem to be able to have a SIM card, I believe that the modification is easy but we need the know how.

BTW I've contacted Mobis and they didn't answer since i'm not a company.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Verizon doesn't sell those

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to guide you to the right place. We have looked through our consumer products, and we do not see this device as an option for sale. If you have a business account, you can see if this is available as a business solution. Find out how to contact business here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/. Otherwise, we recommend contacting the manufacturer directly for options on how to purchase this.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
inkhalaf22

Dear customer care,

thank you for your reply, and sorry for being late in reply to you.

this device made to Version network and Hyundai Mobis, and there is a lot of products for telematics.

kindly see the below link to discover the products for Version

Telematics Module - LG Innotek

I've been in contact with LG Innoteck and they told me that they didn't provide this product to a normal customer just to a companies, also the same answer from Hyundai Mobis.

so any idea how to get the telematics device with GSM?

0 Likes