Thunderbolt no longer 4g
mdb_talon

I have had the HTC thunderbolt for a few months now.  Everything had been fine until a couple weeks I almost always had 4g and had a very strong signal in my office.  Now I NEVER get 4G no matter where I am.  As far as I know I have not changed any setting or did anything different other than listed below.  I have tried removing battery for 10 minutes and restarting.  I have tried turning on airplane mode (and back off).  I have toggled the LTE/CDMA in the settings back and forth.  Not sure what else to do.  Anyone have any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt no longer 4g
budone
Legend

The 4G radio may have bit the dust.

If all else fails you may end up trying a master reset as a last result.

0 Likes
zanesmurf

Go into
Settings >
Wireless & networks >
If "Mobile network" shows "Connection failed" in its subtext,
then uncheck and re-check the "Mobile network" option.

You should get the subtext 'Connected' and the phone will begin to work as it should.

However, if your experience is like mine, the problem will return.

0 Likes
ramon060688

I've have the same exact problem and it also started a few weeks ago.  I've done everything I can think of and searched online for hours for a solution and I haven't found one yet.

0 Likes
zanesmurf

A temporary fix is available for the HTC Thunderbolt dropping its 4G connection! 

Post containing solution

( http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Thunderbolt-drops-4G-off-and-on/m-p/630690#M7523 )

Props to ChristinaB_VZW  Wireless Employee for contributing the "force Rev A" solution I have used and currently have had signifigantly less problems.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
That was the fix for many phones during the LTEpocalypse. Do you still get 4G LTE with that setting active?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
zanesmurf

Yes

I get 4G most of the time. When 4G drops, T-Bolt will degrade to 3G or 1X connection. When 4G is available again, my phone will re-establish the 4G connection automatically.

0 Likes
ramon060688

After searching I found out that there are people who have had problems recieving a 4G signal after recieving an update from verizon that was suppose to fix the 4G and rebooting problems a lot of people were having.  Now that I look back I remember that I got my phone on AUG, 18 and that it was working perfectly for two days and then having problems over the weekend and I remember getting that update right around that time.  So I guess the only thing to do is to hope that the gingerbread update (whenever it finally arrives) will have a fix or (since you can't remove the update by factory resetting) revert back to the original software before you got the update but the only way to do that is to do a certain thing to your phone which I can't speak of on this forum.  I've been posting on this forum since the problem started and I haven't found it to be of any help, hopefully someone here knows of another way to fix this problem but I doubt it.

0 Likes
zanesmurf

Yes
I get 4G most of the time. When 4G drops, T-Bolt will degrade to 3G or 1X connection. When 4G is available again, my phone will re-establish the 4G connection automatically.

Update: While this initially seemed to fix The Case of the Missing Network, the problem has returned.

0 Likes