Thunderbolt, poor choice -Verizon customer service, even worse
sandman57

My wife upgraded to the Thunderbolt on the Verizon network.

UPGRADE was intended, but it defintiely has turned into a nightmare.

Poor performance required a new replacement phone after only a week. She a got a refurbished piece of crap, all for $200, what a deal!

The service is much worse. The scripted responses are so old.

The replacement phone hasn't worked any better than the first.

After download and download and download, still a piece of crap.

She just got back from Dallas, I lost count of how many times she got dropped each day!

Per Verizon it's not the phone, it's not the software, it's not their fault whatever it is. I'm tired of this.

After this agreement runs out, that's it! All five phones will be going elsewhere.

Why do we let companies take advantage of us and hold us hostage?

I don't know where Verizon call centers are located, but they're not on this planet.

I'll be adding reviews of the phone and the customer service consumers can expect from Verizon, where ever I can get get it posted.

S. Taylor

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Thunderbolt, poor choice -Verizon customer service, even worse
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Most issues have been resolved

What kind of problems are you having?

So do you other 4 lines have the same issue..or just the htc phone?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You did not offer much in WHAT the issues are. Also she should have received a NEW phone if exchanged within 14 days. So was it a week or a little more time?

0 Likes
thundertrash

4G TETHERING SUCKS, MY THUNDELBOLT KICKS ME OUT ALL TIME...IT CONNECTS FOR 3-5 SECS. AND IT DROPS. I REMOVED MY MIFI FROM MY ACCOUNT AND I REGRET IT !!11

THATS ALL IT SUCKS

0 Likes
Neander
Contributor - Level 2

At least Sandman57 was articulate.   Let's hope he follows up.   So few of these recent-registers do.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Sandman57,

And thanks to the community for your responses. Sandman57, we definitely do not want to lose you as our customer!

I would like to assist you with your Thunderbolt. Would you mind providing a little more detail as to the issues you are experiencing? Once we have some details of your concerns, we will be able to more easily get to the bottom of the issue and resolve your concerns. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Best regards,

0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello thundertrash,

I would like to take the time to get your 4G Mobile Hotspot working the way it should be.  I would like to confirm which software version you are currently running. This can be found by pressing Menu> Settings> About Phone> Software Information.  Are you connecting wirelessly or with USB when tethering? Is the Mobile Hotspot turning completely off or is the device losing the connection to the phone?  If the device is not staying connected to the phone you can attempt to set a Wi-Fi channel on each instead of using the auto default.  On Thunderbolt: Mobile Hotspot> Menu> Advanced> Wi-Fi Channel>Select a number and then match same on Wi-Fi device.  Do you have any other troubles with the data capabilities when using the device directly i.e.. web browsing or apps? Please let me know if I can assist further. 

0 Likes