Tower issues?
FalinMor

I've been a Verizon customer for a long time and never had issues until we started on the unlimited plan. During certain times of the day everyone but one line gets throttled to less than .1mb up and down. This is unusable in my point of view. I understand that one of the lines is a hotspot and is throttled after 10gb... that's a given. The rest are phones. We each have used 40-55gb. Which is a lot I know, but the thing is the one line is ALWAYS FULL SPEED. Also, I have more than one of the SAME PHONE as the one line but they get throttled also. The only difference is the phone is the "account owner", if that makes a difference. The phones work full speed in town, which makes me think it's the tower perhaps. Is there anything I can do? Like send in a maintenance request or a setting in the account... Zip is 50036.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tower issues?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From  The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

On the new Verizon Plan Unlimited you get our fast LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion. This means your data connection could slow down.

0 Likes
FalinMor

Ah but you see... if that were absolute... why is one working at full speed? Wouldn't everyone be effected? If it was I wouldn't have posted. Also, .06mb is not 3g... I'd get better speed on a dial up modem. Why would one line work perfectly 24/7?7 I can go to town in 10 minutes and be fine and come back and it goes back to nothing.

I'm attempting to temp fix by assigning account managers. (Doubt this will help though : ) )

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oh really? 0.6 Mbps = 600 kbps. Dialup has a maximum speed of 56 kbps or 0.056 Mbps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FalinMor

Must have been broadband I remember 128k but that's not the point is it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We only want you to love your services. As described in the details of your unlimited plan, any usage after 22GB on each cellphone will be subject to prioritization. This means you will not be throttled in any way, simply less priority than that of other subscribers whom are under 22GB of usage. If you have any questions, please check the FAQs for your plan: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes